[MOD] Modified Special Domestic Advisor

12monkeys said:
The information in the lower right corner is a global information which is dependant on the game you play (chieftain, prince, deity, ....). It is not related to the city you selected. I plan to remove this information and put it into an mouse over help.
Oh ok, I just misunderstood it, no problem then. :)

naf4ever said:
I just downloaded 1.8e . It contains no CvEventInterface.py file yet your upgrade instructions on the front page say:
?

Ooops! Sorry, its not the "CvEventInterface.py" its the "CvScreensInterface.py" which has been updated. There is no "CvEventInterface.py" in this mod.

12monkeys said:
Anyway, thx for reporting _alphaBeta_. You became my most valuable tester :D.
My pleasure. I'll let you know if I see anything else. I just need some time to play more.

Thanks for all the updates! :goodjob:

Would it be possible to make a LITE version without the help icons above and the legend down, so to have more space in the cities list? THX!

Elhoim said:
Would it be possible to make a LITE version without the help icons above and the legend down, so to have more space in the cities list? THX!

There is a space optimization planned for the next release. But you have to be patient. There is no time schedule yet. ;)

:D Great! Right now i´m using the customizable domestic advisor, but it has been discontinued... But I like the main screen of that mod... Does this mod have the same problem with the +20 cities? THX!

Elhoim said:
:D Great! Right now i´m using the customizable domestic advisor, but it has been discontinued... But I like the main screen of that mod... Does this mod have the same problem with the +20 cities? THX!

Yes and no. As I know (which may be wrong) the CDA crashes when you click on the button for the 20th or greater city. The MSDA don't crash but the button click simply doesn't work. Also, in my installation the button click doesn't work only in the 30th or greater city, but this may vary from installation to installation.

godotnut said:
I want to uninstall all version of this mod from my system to try to locate the source of some instability issues that I've been experiencing. How do I revert back to the way my system was without this or previous versions of the modified special domestic advisor?

Thanks,

Matt

Sorry the delayed answer. The uninstall is quite easy, if you want to remove EVERY mod. In this case, just rename your CustomAssets folder and thats it.

If you have other mods installed and just want to remove this mod here, than you have to undo all the steps you did to install it.

For those you you who want to run the Exotic Foreign Advisor (v0.95) with the Modified Special Domestic Advisor (v1.8e), it can be done.

I'm a fan of both these mods and was disappointed I couldn't use them both at the same time,

after some trial and error I figured out how to make them work.

The clash appears to be because they both used the file DomPyHelpers.

What I did (Note: line numbers may differ):

- Install the Modified Special Domestic Advisor first
- Install the Exotic Foreign Advisor; DO NOT overwrite DomPyHelpers or CvScreensInterface
- Renamed the DomPyHelper file from the Exotic Foreign Advisor to ForPyHelper
- Edit the CvExoticForeignAdvisor file and change the following:
~line 19 - import DomPyHelpers --> import ForPyHelpers
~line 28 - PyPlayer = DomPyHelpers.DomPyPlayer --> PyPlayer = ForPyHelpers.DomPyPlayer
~line 29 - PyCity = DomPyHelpers.DomPyCity --> PyCity = ForPyHelpers.DomPyCity

- Using the Modified Special Domestic Advisor CvScreensInterface file as the base change the following:
~line 14 - import CvForeignAdvisor --> import CvExoticForeignAdvisor
~line 100 - foreignAdvisor = CvForeignAdvisor.CvForeignAdvisor() --> foreignAdvisor =

CvExoticForeignAdvisor.CvExoticForeignAdvisor()

- Edit CvScreensInterface and change the following:
~line 599 techChooser.updateTechRecords() --> techChooser.updateTechRecords(false)

Note: I have only tested this briefly through 1/2 a game so there may still be bugs.

_alphaBeta_ said:
If you like those two mods and 12monkey's PLE mod, I already did the work for you. See this post.

Thanks, didn't see your post (maybe cause I'm not using the PLE mod). It was a good learning experience for me anyway.

I noticed that the sort method (ie clicking the hammer heading should sort by hammers) is a little off. It appears to treat the numbers as characters and sorts that way. This means that if you have 5 cities with the following hammers ... 1 4 12 43 34 it will show them as (lowest to highest) ... 1 12 34 4 43.

It treats them as if they are "1 " "12" "34" "4 " and "43".

ruff_hi said:
I noticed that the sort method (ie clicking the hammer heading should sort by hammers) is a little off. It appears to treat the numbers as characters and sorts that way. This means that if you have 5 cities with the following hammers ... 1 4 12 43 34 it will show them as (lowest to highest) ... 1 12 34 4 43.

It treats them as if they are "1 " "12" "34" "4 " and "43".

Its an laready know problem, but its somehows weird. The programming is correct, it does only happen on that column. If you sort for another column by clicking on its column header (or doing something else with the table) and than sorting by that hammer column again, the sorting works in most cases.
Its a strange phenomena within the civ 4 engine, I have no influence on it.
Anyway, I alrady had that point on my todo list and will try to find a workaround.

12m

Interestingly enough, the base production column behaves properly. Perhaps you can model a fix from this information.

Its not a problem of the programming, its something very special which only happens on that production column. There is absolutly no difference between the production column and the other columns.

12m

frankcor said:
As a workaround for the production sorting issue, I've discovered that by selecting another tab at the bottom of the domestic advisor (great people, example) and then switching back to the City tab results in the sorting beinging what one would expect -- lowest to highest or vice versa.
12m - someone commented on the sort issue and I said that was a known issue. They then replied with the above. I have verified that this solution does work.

I'm getting the following python error message:

PythonErr.log said:
File "CvModSpecialDomesticAdvisor", line 934, in getProductionOtherCivs

AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'isHasMet'

As near as I can tell, the relevant code is this:

Code:
  self.bShowKnownCivsOnly = [B]true[/B]

else:
      # is in construction by other civ
      if (not self.bShowKnownCivsOnly) or (iActivePlayerTeam.isHasMet(iPlayerTeam)):

Note that you have to set bShowKnownCivsOnly to true before the relevant code gets executed. It doesn't happen everytime, though. If you need a save to look at, you can find one here.

Top Bottom