1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mod not activating when loading from save game

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by fuzzymonkey, Nov 14, 2013.

1. fuzzymonkey

fuzzymonkey Chieftain

I made my first mod recently. It changes the requirement for world congrees from printing press to writing. The xml is a simple boolean flip on the AllowWorldCongress tag.

However, I noticed a bug. If I activate the mod and start a game, everything works great. If I then save the game, restart civ5 and then reload the game, the mod does not activate. This means the tech requirement goes back to printing press. However, if you managed to research writing before you saved, the unlock of the world congress also gets saved, meaning you can found the world congress before printing press when you load back up. But if you didnt finish researching writing you cant found the WC until printing press. In addition the star bubble in the tech description moves back to printing press.

So the question is, how do I get it to properly load when a game is loaded from a save?

Edit: Oh, and my mod is listed on the "the following mods are required by this saved game" list.

2. snarko

snarko DLLer

Are you loading the mod before you load the save game? A common mistake is to load modded games from the main menu. They should always be loaded from the mod menu (with the appropriate mods activated, of course).

3. fuzzymonkey

fuzzymonkey Chieftain

Oh, hah, you are totally right. I forgot to load it through the mod menu. I just assumed it works because it said "configuring game data" when I loaded it.

4. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

Yeah, loading a modded game from the main menu doesn't work reliably.