1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Origins - Colonization 1 for Colonization 2

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mods and Files' started by Reveilled, Oct 1, 2008.

1. PiMan

PiMan Emperor

I was thinking of making a mod like this, you've done well.
    Is the plan to eventually completely mod this game to be like col1? Or will you stop after you get all terrain and mapping done (ie v1.0 or just a little further)?

My original thoughts when considering doing this, was to also change as much of the art as possible back into the original designs.

2. Vadus

Vadus pretend the impossible

Really Cool Mapscript, archeide ! I love to play this mod with that :)

3. brisos

brisos Chieftain

Features and bonuses too or just terrains in this mapscript?

4. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

Any word on an updated version? I still find this more playable/fun than AODII but I wish the Portuguese could added along with REF fix from Snoopy/Dale patchmod

5. Bisonte

Bisonte Chieftain

If Portugal is added... it's not origin anymore ;)

6. Jeckel

Jeckel Great Reverend

I have to agree, Portugal was not in Col1. Maybe start a new mod based on Origins that you can add new stuff into. I know I am totally indifferent on the whole Portugal issue, but I know lots of people love being able to play a mod that puts the game numbers back to what they were in Col1. Just my 2 cents. :king:

7. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

Then perhaps a map that didn't include Brazil (since there are no Portuguese to settle there) and had a larger eastern seaboard.

8. Jeckel

Jeckel Great Reverend

Well it wouldn't make much sense to have a Western Hemisphere map with a big whole where brazil would be. Its not about what real world nation settle what part of the Americas. Its about wanting to play a remake of Col1, not a remake of Col1 with Portagal added.

9. Ghengis Khan666

Ghengis Khan666 Chieftain

I have loaded this mod and it seems to work ok, apart from one glitch. There is no sugar. All the former sugarr terrain is now ore, and where it shows as being sugar, you can only get ore. You can still get free citizens to train with Indians as sugar planters, but you can't plant sugar. It says it exists, but it doesn't really.

Either this is a flaw in the mod, or something has gone wrong with my installation. It seems to work fine in every other respect and I would like it, but I do have a sweet tooth! Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

10. Vadus

Vadus pretend the impossible

well, you can get sugar from the new terrain savanna ..

11. Colfanatic

Colfanatic Chieftain

Thank you for your efforts Reveilled. Really a great mod, I play with it already .. and I am looking forward for next versions.

Did you adjust the production numbers as the old Col?

BTW I'll come back to you for suggestions :)

Why new? Wasn't this already in the old Col?

12. Ghengis Khan666

Ghengis Khan666 Chieftain

Well the maps I seem to get don't have any savannah & I only found one tile which had the large Sugar sign (i.e. a rich resource tile), but it actually produced ore instead. I can't seem to get any maps with sugar on them at all.

13. Art99

Art99 Chieftain

I can't seem to get this patch to work - I use Vista. When this patch is correctly installed with the PatchMod one are the Start game and Custom game things supposed to be greyed out or not ? If they are supposed to be greyed out then I guess I installed them right but I thought you could play a real game and not just scenarios with this mod. I am using Patchmod 1.07 & Origins 0.9a.

Thanks for any help

14. The Rusty Gamer

The Rusty Gamer Prince

Is there any way to put the population point building requirement on some buildings as was the case in Col 1?

15. Dragonator

Dragonator Chieftain

After updating to the latest patch (1.01) I had some trouble loading this mod at the xml parsing stage. One of the files was missing a tag so it didn't pass the xml schema check. I added the tag and attatched the updated file to this post for anyone interested.

The file is located in \Mods\Origins\Assets\XML\GameInfo\

Attached Files: