[MOD] Origins - Colonization 1 for Colonization 2

I was thinking of making a mod like this, you've done well.
Is the plan to eventually completely mod this game to be like col1? Or will you stop after you get all terrain and mapping done (ie v1.0 or just a little further)?

My original thoughts when considering doing this, was to also change as much of the art as possible back into the original designs.

I've just terminated to add the new terrains from origins mod in the mapscript FaireWheather by cephalo (FaireWheather.py for Colonization).

It's a first attempt, so it's far from perfect, but at least you should have all the terrains.

Here it is in attachment (copy it in PublicMaps folder)

Really Cool Mapscript, archeide ! I love to play this mod with that :)

Any word on an updated version? I still find this more playable/fun than AODII but I wish the Portuguese could added along with REF fix from Snoopy/Dale patchmod

I have to agree, Portugal was not in Col1. Maybe start a new mod based on Origins that you can add new stuff into. I know I am totally indifferent on the whole Portugal issue, but I know lots of people love being able to play a mod that puts the game numbers back to what they were in Col1. Just my 2 cents. :king:

Then perhaps a map that didn't include Brazil (since there are no Portuguese to settle there) and had a larger eastern seaboard.

Well it wouldn't make much sense to have a Western Hemisphere map with a big whole where brazil would be. Its not about what real world nation settle what part of the Americas. Its about wanting to play a remake of Col1, not a remake of Col1 with Portagal added.

I have loaded this mod and it seems to work ok, apart from one glitch. There is no sugar. All the former sugarr terrain is now ore, and where it shows as being sugar, you can only get ore. You can still get free citizens to train with Indians as sugar planters, but you can't plant sugar. It says it exists, but it doesn't really.

Either this is a flaw in the mod, or something has gone wrong with my installation. It seems to work fine in every other respect and I would like it, but I do have a sweet tooth! Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Thank you for your efforts Reveilled. Really a great mod, I play with it already .. and I am looking forward for next versions.

Did you adjust the production numbers as the old Col?

BTW I'll come back to you for suggestions :)

well, you can get sugar from the new terrain savanna ..

Why new? Wasn't this already in the old Col?

Well the maps I seem to get don't have any savannah & I only found one tile which had the large Sugar sign (i.e. a rich resource tile), but it actually produced ore instead. I can't seem to get any maps with sugar on them at all.

I can't seem to get this patch to work - I use Vista. When this patch is correctly installed with the PatchMod one are the Start game and Custom game things supposed to be greyed out or not ? If they are supposed to be greyed out then I guess I installed them right but I thought you could play a real game and not just scenarios with this mod. I am using Patchmod 1.07 & Origins 0.9a.

Thanks for any help

After updating to the latest patch (1.01) I had some trouble loading this mod at the xml parsing stage. One of the files was missing a tag so it didn't pass the xml schema check. I added the tag and attatched the updated file to this post for anyone interested.

The file is located in \Mods\Origins\Assets\XML\GameInfo\

Attachments

• CIV4GameSpeedInfo.zip
    861 bytes · Views: 123
Top Bottom