[MOD] Regiments (10+1 men formations)

seZereth said:
new version is out (version 0.2)
It should be stable now!
someone find out if it crashes with this version too
(removed the missionary bug, but didnt find anything about the axeman crash)
you know id love to download it and tell you but damm filegone wont let me always saying i must wait for 5 to 10 minuetes FFS ive waited about 2 hours now:mad:

Wow, the screenshots look awesome! I'm glad to see you added the extra worker and the extra child (to settlers) :thanx: and adding a wolf to the Scout - a stroke of genius! :woohoo: But you know what you have to do now, don't you. You gotta add the wolf to the settlers as well so they'll have a doggy :) I'll see if I can make a skin for the wolf to make it look more like a dog, should be fairly easy.

My only other comment based on the screenshots is that maybe axeman should also use the Horde formation. I think they're "ancient" enough not to have the kind of battle tactics that use formations.

Unfortunately I probably won't be testing this until at least sunday as I just merged second UU mod into my customassets folder and I want to test it thoroughly before adding anything else.

Awesome job seZereth :thumbsup:

Disregard my last post ive dl it now ill tell you if there are any bugs in about 2-3 days

I love this mod. It's really awesome. But I think it's sad that you removed the mounted officers from early infantry units.. that was just SO cool.. :sad:

Tarkin1980 said:
I love this mod. It's really awesome. But I think it's sad that you removed the mounted officers from early infantry units.. that was just SO cool.. :sad:

well i knew it was cool, that was the reason i added it in firt version ;)
but dont be unhappy, i will give you all a customizeable version next time, where u can add your own skins or models for the officers. but that will take at last a week, because where i am right now, i can play it (at a friends) but cant mod it. and i have to learn for university, but i want to gather some more bugs too, before releasing a new version.

As I tested it yesterday in hotseat(about 8 hours ;) ) i noticed, that it didnt crash to desktop!! (yippiii) and i further noticed what rabbit said, Axemen will get modified horde formation (i thought of it yesterday too ;) ). And well, sorry for the workers (i gave em wrong working position, will be fixed easily).

Am thinking about adjusting scales, like PiTiFuLl did, looks nice, perhaps he can send me the artdef file ;) ?

Great Mod indeed, it gives a more realistic fealing of the units on the map. However, I noticed that pre-added units do not appear, the game crashes. I figured I'll have to add them again myself, also, I didn't understand the UnitsFormationInfo.xml file??? What do I do here, what is it for?

Thanks, I'll be waiting anxiously for your next version. ;)

I love this Mod! The 02 version is definitely crash free so far. I like how you've scaled down the size of the models so now a fight in the forest looks as confusing and concealing as it should. My current game with the Mongols has progressed past 100 AD so im hoping i can finish this one. I Haven't discovered theology yet and i dont think anyone else has (no christians yet), but well have to wait and see.
BTW, maybe some alterations to combat sounds might be cool, a unit of Keshik sounds cool riding into a city, but a horde of Keshik would make some"thunder".:eek:

seZereth said:
Am thinking about adjusting scales, like PiTiFuLl did, looks nice, perhaps he can send me the artdef file ;) ?

Sure thing, I am still playing around with it. When I am done I will upload it.

Ok, I did the doggy texture for wolf in case you want to use it. It's dark brown with a white spot on the left eye :)

Attachments

• wolf.jpg
    wolf.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 143
  • wolf.zip
    10.5 KB · Views: 103
White Rabbit, does Zuul know about the wolf texture you did? It would work great in his animals mod!!

nice thing rabbit ;) will implement it in next version!
about the sounds, good idea, never thought about that by myself, but would be worth a look. but i will set this to the secondary priority, so if someone finds sounds which seem to fit to a bigger group of units, send them to me!

My current game is now past 1000 AD w/ theology and missionaries all working well. no crashes or problems. Load and Save times are longer but not bad. Funny tho, the old problem w/ combat ending before all animations finish (like vanilla) has been popping up more freq. At the same time ive'd had some epic, long drawn out battles between two war Elephants and a full unit of axemen, lasting about 45 seconds or so.:D :cooool:

anyways keep up the great work i cant wait for the next ver.:goodjob:

BTW, about sounds, does anybody know how to reduce the volume of the drums in battle, w/o reducing the other sounds? I'd rather hear the sounds of battle than the drums and the sometimes annoying horns! that might make the sound of the rushing hooves or the clash of steel more audible.

jlwzap said:
BTW, about sounds, does anybody know how to reduce the volume of the drums in battle, w/o reducing the other sounds? I'd rather hear the sounds of battle than the drums and the sometimes annoying horns! that might make the sound of the rushing hooves or the clash of steel more audible.
Can't tell you exactly how to do it but I can tell you how you might be able to do it. In xml/sounds folder one of the files defines volume of sounds, if you can find out which files (mp3) are used to play drums/horns, and if they are defined just like other unit sounds in those xml files, then you should be able to change their volume.

Thanks for this graphics mod dude! I really like it. It makes the battles so cool and interesting!

Ok seZereth, here are the files to rescale the units in the game. If anyone else wants to try them you need to put them into the 02 ver of regiments.

FYI I rescaled all the units in the game, with the formations mod. So all the land units look to-scale with each other, the one exception is the gunship. Redid all the aircraft and ships too, battleship looks totally bada.. now :)

Attachments

• Assets.zip
    9.4 KB · Views: 137
You Da man Rabbit. ill tinker w/ it right now. thanxs for the insight.

PiTiFUL said:
Ok seZereth, here are the files to rescale the units in the game. If anyone else wants to try them you need to put them into the 02 ver of regiments.

FYI I rescaled all the units in the game, with the formations mod. So all the land units look to-scale with each other, the one exception is the gunship. Redid all the aircraft and ships too, battleship looks totally bada.. now :)
That's great pitiful, I myself rescaled some of the units (in particular the modern ships) because some of them just looked ridiculous - destroyer same size as galleon, wth! :eek: The screenshots look good and I can't wait for the next version of regiments! It's definitely going into my customassets folder. :D

Rabbit said:
That's great pitiful, I myself rescaled some of the units (in particular the modern ships) because some of them just looked ridiculous - destroyer same size as galleon, wth! :eek: The screenshots look good and I can't wait for the next version of regiments! It's definitely going into my customassets folder. :D

Thanks, ya I had the exact same thought when I saw the modern warships. Now if I could just figure out how to adjust the size of those buttugly boats that show up when a water tile is worked. BTW great job on those new planes, they look sweet. Be so sweet if countrys had there own units, british with Spitfires, Tornados, Crusader ect Russians with T-34, MiG's, Yaks, Germans with Panzers, ME-109's, Pocket Battleships US B-17's Mustangs.

Top Bottom