[MOD] Regiments (10+1 men formations)

Sorry, that post sounded mean at the beginning to me.
YOUR MOD IS GREAT!!!!! WHOOHOOO!!!! Love watching the carnage!

J_Period said:
NP, I had to get seZereth to explain it to me :D

:cry: did not work, lost save games :cry: can any body try this for me intergtergrate hidden units mod with the regiments mod :blush:

totally lost confidence in myself :confused:

Harada the Grea said:
:cry: did not work, lost save games :cry: can any body try this for me intergtergrate hidden units mod with the regiments mod :blush:

totally lost confidence in myself :confused:
what happened? error messages or what?

could not find mech artillery and mob sam as could not find xml files something about globaldefines not found :eek:
found all the files to copy into one as you said, left others that where not the same or missing from one but in the other copied them all over to the game files and then nothing either have the hidden units and no regiments or regiments but no mob artillery/sam. really want all to work but now have no faith in my abilities :cry:

Harada the Grea said:
could not find mech artillery and mob sam as could not find xml files something about globaldefines not found :eek:
found all the files to copy into one as you said, left others that where not the same or missing from one but in the other copied them all over to the game files and then nothing either have the hidden units and no regiments or regiments but no mob artillery/sam. really want all to work but now have no faith in my abilities :cry:

Alright :D I'll do it for you tonight when I get back from work. Or tommorow morning, depending on how much time I have...

Harada the Grea said:
:goodjob: thanks J Period, you are a saviour

:king: among civfanatics

If you where in the UK I would buy you a drink or two for this :lol:

Not a :king: maybe a local magistrate,
but here you go
temporary DL

I'll put up a perminent DL if there's a big enough request.

Rember, if I visit england, you owe me :beer: :lol:

I think everything works and is how it should be, but I didn't extensively test, so if something is messed up let me know and I'll fix it.

I won't do this for every mod, though, so try and study what I did and try to figure it out, k?

Hi
great effect the formations and the scale very acomodate to the enviroment, but in particular for me the units are too small, even if i change civscaler to 20, alas that seems like no change. Is there a way to rescale, say 2x more.

Harada the Grea said:
hi again, could this mod be changed from 10 to 20 man formations :(
It would need some work, and it would definitely strain your computer, the bigger the group the slower the rig.;)

Portus said:
Hi
great effect the formations and the scale very acomodate to the enviroment, but in particular for me the units are too small, even if i change civscaler to 20, alas that seems like no change. Is there a way to rescale, say 2x more.

well, you can go into art_definesunits.xml i think and thenchange every individual scale to something higher. Sorry dont have time to explain more.

And well 20 men formations would be doable, but not with the models we have now in game, they are too high polycounted and so would be laggy.
And like above, i dont have any time for that.

Just want to proclaim my acclaim of this mod.
The two ranks are freakin' awesome! The circular 'fortify' stance somewhat less so. Would a 'square' for 'fortified be doable?

Two complaints/quibbles:
1. Sentry orders (as in 'on alert') is unfortunately tied to the 'fortified' formation. Wish there was a way around that.
2. This mod is, well, a mod. Fine and dandy until I find another mod I want to check out (such as random events).

Jaybe said:
2. This mod is, well, a mod. Fine and dandy until I find another mod I want to check out (such as random events).

I'm incorperating it into my mod and I've incorperated into another mod (see an earlier posting)

It should also be compatable with anything that doesn't add more units. Just copy them into the same mod folder.

Hey, thats really great! Good work man, I will allways use this mod!!!
And I also use that bluemarble-edition with this!:king:
Does it work in multiplayer too???

:) I added (with J Periods help) the mod inpost 89 direct to the game, so it is not a mod anymore so if you did that as well you could then add mods to your game play the mod and hopefully have all the benefits of both (i think :blush: thats right) again :goodjob: J Period for the remodded mod

Well i've played this mod well into the modern age now, and everything seems fine, except extreme lag. I'm running a P4 3.0ghz, 256mb raedon x600, but w/ only 512mb ram. Turns now take about 3-5 min each, w/ 7 civs remaining. One note- I started this on the Mars map that is available, its a huge size w/ alot of iron and not alot of water so there are alot of land units running around. I would recommend some one w/ similar system specs to avoid large maps and/or 9+ civs. My only real complaint is the inconsistant looks i get during battle, ie: only a seemingly random number of units take part in the carnage; only two out of five Navy SEALs seem to shoot a unit of riflemen. could this be my system not having the memory to fully animate? plus im still wanting some better sounds in combat. but those are just minor - can't wait for the next version!!!:goodjob:

i am so busy with creating new units for the warhammer FB mod, so i cant do much about the regiments mod. i would like someone else continuing this project, doing a better fortify animation and perhaps adding all the unit graphics which do fit (like chinese and japanese soldiers) as unique replacements for the original ones and so on.

Top Bottom