1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Sevo's CivFanatics Fusion 2.0

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Sevo, Jan 2, 2006.

1. High_Elf_Lord-M

High_Elf_Lord-M Chieftain

what an excellent mod, just one prob though, when conquering a city it comes up "you have gained % of "tech", well mines always 0%, is this a bug it says in the read me that this should be 1-25%

2. mrgenie

mrgenie King

Well, to be honest I'm already great that you made this huge mod possible anyway..it's really the best suited for my needs..although there are some other quite interesting mods I must say..this is still my favorite :) I just experience ingame too much things to handle when it comes to intelligence..gather info around my borders is very important for me because i play normally very strategically with my forces..im not the person building up 3times more units as my enemy before attacking..so...I just need clear intelligence on what is going on and each turn it cost me so much time to check everything manually..automated paths, routes or however you call them would just serve every purpose on gathering intelligence across my borders..and even those who use massive forced attacks, maybe they're not relying on such intel..i'm pretty sure they would also be glad to automate such things :) I would like to give such a routine a try myself..but I need some handbook with examples myself on how to control units in the game..so..i just assume someone else probably already has the knowledge, maybe he/she can make us such a routine and you just include it to your mod? :)

3. JohnYoga

JohnYoga Prince

Their countries were adjacent, and Napoleon was sitting outside of some of Alexander's cities with troups,etc...but no engagement. When you go to the Advisor, they also so that they are at war with each other.

This seems like a bug, but I am unsure whether it's a vanilla issue or this mod's issue...:mischief:

Regards,

John

4. Zuul

Zuul Mod lister!

The game have crashed one time and got stuck one time when barbarians attacked.

5. Nexushyper

Nexushyper Warlord

I had a similiar bug.

It said I gained a tech (not sure which i don't remember) But when I checked with my science screen i had not gained it. I checked the next 2 turns as well and never got it until I reseached it myself.

6. ilteroi

ilteroi Prince

i can confirm the "zero points gained" message - however, you do get points, because in the end you do get the tech when you conquer enough cities.

but i wanted to make a small remark: the ifv unit is too strong. or you can get it too easily, which has the same result. its only prerequisite is computers, you don't even need combustion and oil - yet you need tanks to fight it. so i would like to suggest to give it some additional prerequisites!

7. Xanthippus

Xanthippus Warlord

I don't get any points, and I even get some messages saying I've gained 0% in techs I've already researched! For example, I'm currently playing a late Rennaissance game, and when I conquered a city I gained 0% in Horse Riding! :confused:

8. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Fantasy Warlord

Can't confirm that: I always got the 0% message, too, but I always got all or part of the tech that was mentioned.
    You can check whether you got part of the tech in the tech screen - hover the mouse over the tech and it will show you how many TPs of the total you already have.
    Never got a tech I already had - sure you really had Horseback Riding at that point?

9. 1shmael

1shmael Chieftain

Sevo,

Do you plan to release a combined SevoMod and Faces of God Mod? I've tried to combine them on my own with no success. My Civ Crashed. :-(

10. Sevo

Sevo Leaf on the Wind

You guys will all be happy to know TechConquest is fixed. I went through the code pretty closely and undid some things that were unecessary and tweaked it a bit (see my earlier post), and in general cleaned it up. My recent testing has shown that, at the minimum, it always gives you a clear % gained and usually around 35-75% of the tech. There's some weirdness with the "tech points" that python sees not matching the points displayed in the tech tree, but I've found a fairly easy workaround.

Also, I've added the Kill List mod, including unit promotions. Still slaving away...no definite date on a release just yet, but no more than a couple of weeks I'd guess (It sucks having a day job--just distracts me from playing. Of course, it does pay for the electricity, food, heat, shelter...)

I think I can say at this time I probably won't be merging Faces of God with this mod. Faces of God was a lot of fun and a great way for me to try some things conceptually, but it doesn't fit with the "keep it like vanilla, only better vanilla" theme I'm keeping for this mod.

11. Nexushyper

Nexushyper Warlord

Great news indeed. Thanks

Have you considered Unit Statistics Mod? It provides even more that Kill list mod and is based off it.

Just curious

12. ACEofHeart

ACEofHeart Warlord

Not sure if this has been brought up.. Am I suppose to be able to build a BiPlane before I even discover Flight ? :rolleyes:
    Happen to me with the mod..

13. Drakonik

Drakonik Crazier than thou

Do you have a time machine? :p

14. ACEofHeart

ACEofHeart Warlord

hehe,, no,not a Time Machine...

I just hope it doesn't crash to earth when the pilot realizes he's doing something that hasn't even been discovered yet.... :eek:

15. Drakonik

2nd law of cartoon physics: If you are standing over an open space, you will not fall until you look down.

16. 1shmael

1shmael Chieftain

If I understand right, the Sevo Mod contains the random events Mod. Is this true? I am not seeing any Random events occur in my game.

17. Drakonik

nope. No random events mod. It would be nice to have that as a part of this one. Hint hint, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more, say no more.

18. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Hey sevo, i understand theres a new version on in the makings. When do you think you'll be able to release it? Im wondering because i dont know i i should start a new game now with the current version or wait for the upgrade. So are we talking days or weeks? ...and yes, SMASHING MOD!:banana:

19. Sevo

Sevo Leaf on the Wind

Thanks. I would venture that you have time for another game before this release. There's a lot more competition out there suddenly, so I'm going to have to step up the quality a bit! :lol:

Really, this one is gonna be good. It'll be worth the wait. I'm still not changing the gameplay at all; I'm actually removing some things that weren't working. But as always the goal is to keep the game balanced and expand on it where we can. But I am trying to make sure the quality of this mod is top on the boards!

Here's another teaser--I give you the new (animated!) leaderheads for Shaka of the Zulu and Ostenaco of the Cherokee nations:

20. ant0

ant0 Chieftain

Installed sevomod 2.3 over the weekend,tested it a bit (227turns/460) and it looks great.One remark though :i think there are too many units that you really need not build.Also,i think the cataphract is inaccurate.Cataphracts were Byzantine heavy cavalry,so they shouldn't get a fleeing bonus and should have better attack(i propose to give them 7 or 8 attack and give the withdrawal bonus to the horse archer).The attack/defence upgrades seem a bit awkward too,i don't think they are of use.The 6* upgrade must be cool(though i still have no unit of that level).I'll keep playing and tell you more.:goodjob: