[MOD] Sevo's CivFanatics Fusion 2.0

Sevo said:
There's a lot more competition out there suddenly, so I'm going to have to step up the quality a bit! :lol:

I've been playing lots of mods, and even though this may sound like sucking up to Sevo, I haven't found anything that gets anywhere NEAR this mod's level of perfection. Kael's FfH, of course, is equally astonishing, but it's more of a total conversion than a mod expanding the original gameplay. I'd say those two are clearly ruling the mod scene for Civ IV right now: Sevo's Fusion if you want the classical civ feeling, only BETTER, and Kael's Fall from Heaven if you want something entirely different. Thanks a lot for all the work to all you modders out there :)

Bringa said:
I've been playing lots of mods, and even though this may sound like sucking up to Sevo, I haven't found anything that gets anywhere NEAR this mod's level of perfection. Kael's FfH, of course, is equally astonishing, but it's more of a total conversion than a mod expanding the original gameplay. I'd say those two are clearly ruling the mod scene for Civ IV right now: Sevo's Fusion if you want the classical civ feeling, only BETTER, and Kael's Fall from Heaven if you want something entirely different. Thanks a lot for all the work to all you modders out there :)

I agree completely, but would mention a third: TAM aka The Ancient Mediterranean
There are some other promising Mods in the works - Warhammer Mod, Song of the Moon for instance, but theyre not so far along.

Anyway, Sevos Mod is great - now, if only the Mercenary Mod was also incorporated... *grin*

any suggestions on editing tools or anything like that to speed up the modding process? I've been just going through line by line with word pad and I know there has to be a more efficient way.
Thanks in advance.

So are bi-planes supposed to be built before flight, or is that an error?
Why can I only build 3 SEALs?
Does anybody think it would be cool/useful if planes could auto-recon? Would the AI use this?

Yes no bug with the bi-planes. There is not enough techs right now for these things. Maybe combind the mod with Composite Mod by Exavier that has larger tech tree.

Folks,

Help me out here, as I am still new to the Civ experience...

If we already have modders giving us new civs, units,wonders, and scenarios, why would anyone want/need the Warlords expansion? Any "extras", like further stability, and say, a game editor could come out in a patch, correct?

Enlighten me!

John

Not exactly sure what is meant by not enough Techs for the BiPlane to appear only after "Flight" is discovered.. Something must trigger its appeareance as a new unit ??? :crazyeye:

JohnYoga said:
Folks,

Help me out here, as I am still new to the Civ experience...

If we already have modders giving us new civs, units,wonders, and scenarios, why would anyone want/need the Warlords expansion? Any "extras", like further stability, and say, a game editor could come out in a patch, correct?

Enlighten me!

John

Hi John! Im not comlpetly sure why you posted in this thread, nevertheless...
Its true that very many things has been added from modders, with this mod as the most impressive, and after the SDK even more impressive additions will come. But i think and expansion can improve some basic gameplay like the Vassal state that will be included, also new animated leaderheads. So I think there big request for some "exstras" to the game that only firaxis can make. I for one will sertainly buy it.

Thanks SweetPete.

Posted here Sevo's thread is my favorite haunt, and figure a modder could answer me as you did.

Regards, John

ACEofHeart said:
Not exactly sure what is meant by not enough Techs for the BiPlane to appear only after "Flight" is discovered.. Something must trigger its appeareance as a new unit ??? :crazyeye:

But think on it. If biplane appeared on same tech as the other planes no one would build it.

I do see your point Zuul ,,but if I recall the only available Plane on intially discovering Flight is the early Fighter..so maybe you could have a choice and it least its not out of place,, personally if both had the same stats I would pick the BiPlane anyway,, its cooler looking.. :cool:
The Bombers and advanced fighters etc.only come with additional techs..

ACEofHeart said:
I do see your point Zuul ,,but if I recall the only available Plane on intially discovering Flight is the early Fighter..so maybe you could have a choice and it least its not out of place,, personally if both had the same stats I would pick the BiPlane anyway,, its cooler looking.. :cool:
The Bombers and advanced fighters etc.only come with additional techs..

Bi-plane came at least 20 years before the other. Strange to have same stats, why bother.

Strange to have the same stats ???
Its a helluva LOT stranger to have any plane when flight hasn't even been discovered yet... LOL :D
hmmm.. I just had a thought (which can be dangerous)... what if the Biplane is just sorta a crop duster and its purpose is to help terrain files ?

Not a bad idea. Maybe you make a crop duster bi-plane and have him do the circle the city mission. Then you get a +1 food bonus for every 5 food being produced in that city.

Something like that might be nice. There really should be more food improvments later in the game. Like a Tank = tractor. Things like that. Maybe you can upgrade your workers to civil engineers after combustion. Then they can creat forts, roads and the like 50% faster??? I like the idea of having crossover between military units and civil units. It is very much like the real world!

Or, one could make the bi-plane appear at flight with the fighter plane, but have lower stats, but make it less expensive. That would be the simple solution.

Or you can do as some others, add a extra tech so you have 2 for flight, one early and one later.

Zuul said:
Or you can do as some others, add a extra tech so you have 2 for flight, one early and one later.

I like this idea Zuul. What mod incorperates this the best in your opinion?

Like I said before - Composite Mod by Exavier.
But he doesnt have more techs in early ages only late.

Zuul said:
Yes no bug with the bi-planes. There is not enough techs right now for these things. Maybe combind the mod with Composite Mod by Exavier that has larger tech tree.

Yeaaahh. Biplanes...not sure what I'm gong to do yet, but they do currently become available before flight. It'll be addressed in the next version. I hadn't thought of a "crop duster" aircraft...not a bad idea.

JazzD said:
any suggestions on editing tools or anything like that to speed up the modding process? I've been just going through line by line with word pad and I know there has to be a more efficient way.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers! I use notepad++, but I basically do it the same way you do. Line by line. NPP makes it easier because it has context highlighting for python, Xml, etc and lets you collapse fields easily, but I'm old school and like my text editors.:hammer2:

Another update on the new version: I've worked in a few new traits: Scientific (which was sorely lacking in my opinion), Seafaring (which I always liked as the Byzantines in the CivIII expansion--naval units get combat and navigation promos), and Nationalistic (10% combat ALL units--unlike aggressive which is only melee & gunpowder--but only on your own soil). Should be a good addition to the new leaderheads and civs.

Top Bottom