[MOD] Sevo's CivFanatics Fusion 2.0

Maybe Scientific trait should give some negatives like -25% unit production (or maybe just military), else it usualy will be too good.

Miss some icons on the new uus.

hehe.. Lets give the guy a break,,..:)
Instead of new add-ons ,,. lets just first refine what is already in the Mod..
finished Leaderheads, BiPlane, other tweaks,,etc...
Its already the most comprehesive Mod pakage out there and a real great addition to the game..hell, to me this is more of an offering than even that upcoming official expansion pack..
Thanks again for the great work..

ACEofHeart said:
hehe.. Lets give the guy a break,,..:)
Instead of new add-ons ,,. lets just first refine what is already in the Mod..
finished Leaderheads, BiPlane, other tweaks,,etc...
Its already the most comprehesive Mod pakage out there and a real great addition to the game..hell, to me this is more of an offering than even that upcoming official expansion pack..
Thanks again for the great work..
completely agree with you

Seconded. Adding and adding is what causes so many bugs. It's said that for each new thing a project does, two new bugs will appear. Let's iron out the current bugs, package it for release, and then worry about adding new content.

Drakonik said:
Seconded. Adding and adding is what causes so many bugs. It's said that for each new thing a project does, two new bugs will appear. Let's iron out the current bugs, package it for release, and then worry about adding new content.

:cheers: Man, I feel like we're all sitting a bar dropping beers and playing Civ sometimes. You guys are great.

@Zuul -- I've got the scientific trait at +15% science. I don't think that will be overpowered muchly; compare this with organized, which saves you a ton of cash in a large empire, and financial, which adds a ton of cash to every plot making 2 commerce. Obviously a little play testing will tell the truth of it, but it seems 10% is too little and 20% might be too much, so 15% for now and we'll see from there.

Also, those of you who were bummed by the inability to use the unit resizer will be happy to know the next version includes three optional unit size files: normal, small (75%), and very small (50%); so if you like your units smaller, it'll be really easy.

I've made a Europe scenario for Sevomod. I made it only for my own amusement but i thougth i'd share it. Its pretty simple, i took a standard size europe map and placed 17 civs from sevomod on it on their correct location (some i had to improvise), and made some other minor tweaks. Nothing fancy...
Anywho, download at will:king:

The civs are:
Egypt, Greece, Rome, Germany, France, Spain, England, Russia, Carthage,
Israel, Portugal, Bretagne, Vikings, Mongolia, Mali, Persia and Celts

And yes, i havent finished one yet so it may be pretty unbalanced...

The one called just Europe had some error issues, the new one is called SevoEurope and works as it should.

Attachments

• SevoEurope.zip
    22.2 KB · Views: 468
Sevo said:
Also, those of you who were bummed by the inability to use the unit resizer will be happy to know the next version includes three optional unit size files: normal, small (75%), and very small (50%); so if you like your units smaller, it'll be really easy.

Just one reqest on this. How about Large(125%). I usually play with single figure icons, and I hate it when I cant see a unit because he is so small under a tree. (and I hate to cut down ALL the trees).

And yes, iron out bugs first. Add extras later. You already know I think this mod is the best thing out there. Dont give up on us please.

And let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

-=R=-

rofl, yeha, guess i should change the question a little bit ;)

@sweetpete:
do you also have a small or tiny version of the europa scenario?

edit:
another question:

how can i use maps from other scenarios (for example: "Tiny Earth map.Civ4WorldBuilderSave" ) with my favourite mod?? (i only need the map, not the starting points, units and ...)

GIR said:
@sweetpete:
do you also have a small or tiny one?

WHO HAVE YOU BEEN TALKING TO!?? :blush:

Eeeehehee... no the standard one is the only one i've made but if i make a smaller one i'll be sure to post it;)

And to how you use other maps, you load the mod and open the map, or edit a modpath in the worldbuilder xml file.

daveyjwin said:
Sevo, I PMed you a few days ago with an idea, but I'm not sure if you got it yet. FYI.

Indeed, I got it daveyjwin. Sorry about the lack of direct response. After consideration I think I will include Great Generals and perhaps the other great peoples (doctors and statemen, specifically). Balancing will be an important issue, as always.

I love the idea of stack promos for a great general--it makes sense, something like the old armies of CivIII. My concern, as always, would be whether or not we can get the AI to use them effectively, if at all. But I'll look into the possibility.

Sevo, thanks for posting a link to my scenario! but the link in he second post needs an unpate due to some small bugfixes i've made.
;)

I noticed that my capital doesn't grow beyond size 9 , although there's lots of food (i can get as much as 9 excess food).I play as India/Ghandi and have built several great+national wonders in that particular city.What could be wrong?

I just wanted to say thanks for this great mod just started playing and really enjoying it.I like how unlike other mods you haven't gone overboard with new units,buildings and wonders.I tend to find alot of mods overdo this aspect although in saying that I always feel new resources are always welcome.I think the difference with resources over units ect is you will only have access to some in a game anyway and the cpu players will use them.

PS Had a great time giving Canute a shooing with my Carthage elephants :D

ant0 said:
I noticed that my capital doesn't grow beyond size 9 , although there's lots of food (i can get as much as 9 excess food).I play as India/Ghandi and have built several great+national wonders in that particular city.What could be wrong?

Did you accidentally turn on "avoid growth"? It's one of the toggle buttons to the right of the production selection menu. Check that, just in case.

Hello Sevo.

Thank you for your efforts in your evolving masterpiece. The "SevoMod" is all I play...

I am midgame, and I notice vanishing and reappearing enemy Toku forces: Chariots, Pikemen, Macemen,etc. They show up outside my center city without warning either grapically, or view the red text warning. I also notice this problem when battling their city.

Since I only play the SevoMod, I don't know whether this is a core game or SevoMod glitch.

I am looking forward to the next revision.

Regards,

John

I really just wanted to say that I picked up cIV last month after not playing civ for quite a long time (civ II was the last version I touched). I was really happy with it and wasn't planning on modding at all as I felt that would take away (?!) from the civ experience. But after reading this thread, I gave Sevo's mod a try and I must say I am very impressed and loving it.

Playing this time as the Celts and love the UU and everything about this mod. So, congrats to Sevo and everyone else that has made this mod what it is. Keep it up :)

ant0 said:

Nothing with the mod! Did you, by chance, click the "no growth" button in the bottom right?

Top Bottom