MOD: The Turks 1.0

Turkish history I find to be very complex. The reason being that there were so many different clans, but with enough research you can get a picture of where the Turks came from and their impact/contribution to the world we live in today. The one question though that my studies has never indicated is the cause for such a large scale migration of people. Some blame it on the Mongols, but the fact is that Turks were very integrated in the Mongol Empire, to the point where Turkish was the language used within its borders. The Huns, Avars, Khazars, Kipchaks, Kazaks, Uygurs and the list goes on, where did these people come from? Why such a large scale exodus from Asia into China, India, Europe and the Middle East? Anyways, back to CIV :)

I made a scenario; it is just completed and has the following changes done to it:

1- I revised a map of the world that is extremely accurate. The resources are in right locations, rivers are detailed and the terrain is accurate as its going to get. Spent hours going over maps, atlases, and history books ensuring the proper placement for everything.

2- Races: Turks, Arabs, Abyssinians, Mongols, Zulu, Egypt, Greeks, Romans, French, German, English, Russians, Indians, Chinese, Japanese & Persians. The Turks start in Central Asia, wanna be the Ottomans then you must pave the way with the Seljuks first :)

Starting Locations:

American/Turkish X124 Y52
Russians X106 Y46
Germans X96 Y50
French X88 Y58
English X89 Y51
Baby./Arabs X109 Y83
Aztecs/Abssyinians X111 Y95
Chinese X155 Y61
Japanese X161 Y69
East Indians X128 Y82
Persians X114 Y68
Romans X92 Y62
Greeks X98 Y66
Egypt X100 Y76
Irq./Mongols X136 Y46
Zulu X104 Y 136

3- All resources reflect that actual place they are found in the world, or their historical starting places. I made one exception however; at times certain cities would not grow, like Rome. I could not play around too much with the map, there is not much land to change around Rome anyway... so what I did was to add fish, cattle etc to bump up the population. But the cities are in the right starting locations and they have enough resources to prosper into the true great cities they were meant to be. I did not adjust all cities however, some like Karakorum was never a real large scale city like Rome.

4-Leader no longer builds armies or hurries production, instead they have been seriously beefed up so that IF you are lucky enough to acquire it, you will have a devastating force at your disposal, 10 attack - 10 defense. This is I think correct since many of the worlds greatest conquests have been the result of a great leader. So let's say you are the Greeks and you get Alexander the Great, well you most definitely can embark on a conquest, after all what is to stop you? Maybe a leader from another Civilization :)

5-There are two new Governments, one a Dictatorship/Fascist, another a religious government.

6- Much larger hit points have been given to more experienced units. And Settlers are EXTREMELY expensive to build. This causes less cities popping up and thus less scattered empires - what I mean by that is you don’t have one piece here then another there - now you get empires that are connected.

7- You can pretty much play any race you would like, all you need is the civ3mod file I will provide shortly, and then follow the instructions above.

Feel free to change anything you want, will be posting this mod file soon..

if you take whole Turkish tribes as one nation, then you should also consider the norwegian and the swedish, the russian and the ukrainian, and even Chinese and Japanese as the same nation ;)

Spincrus, yes you can understand an Azeri (and make fun of it :D). They are Oguz just like the Anatolians. though you cannot understand Uzbek. At least I was not able to catch only a single word of the Uzbek president's speech and he was using an interpreter :D

"Turk" is the term used for citizens of the republic of Turkey. When you refer the term to central asian tribes, it causes discrimination against some of our citizens ;) You make them to use another to identify themselves. They did't "come" here. They were.. and are and were a part of this civilization.

Any Turkish person should be under the realization that they are related through language to the people from Central Asia. To contest this is to deny your heritage. There are multitude of websites to look at this for futher proof or just check out a copy of Encarta and go to the language feature. There you will be able to make comparisons between Turkish in Turkey and Turkish in Uzbekistan - hardly ANY difference. The fact that this is being debated shows the success of non-turkish people to create disunity amongst Turks.

The following is take from a website:
http://www.turkiye.net/sota/language.html

A Note from the SOTA's Founder:
On the usage of the Term Turkish/Turkic World

Turkic people do not distinguish between Turkish and Turkic. For most of them, there is only one Turkish people from Sakha to the Balkans/Europe, who speaks different dialects of one Turkish Language. The distinction between Turkish and Turkic is artificial and is a fabrication of Stalin Era politics of divide et Impera.

"It should be noted that in no Turk dialect is there any such differentiation as Turkic and Turkish. This distinction is a new introduction into the politics of nationalities, and exists in some Western languages as in Russian ..."

"Only since the soviet language reforms especially of the 1930s, have the dialects been asserted to be individual and unrelated Central Asian languages" They are, with exception of Yakut and Chuvash, which are considered as separate languages in Turkish Language family, mutually intelligible."

I have insisted long in usage of Turkish instead of Turkic. But meanwhile I have ascertained that this distinction is so widespread that to insist only creates confusion. Only for this reason we shall make in our English contributions the same distinction.

Here is another Website worth visiting on this subject:
http://www.un.org/documents/ga/docs/51/plenary/a51-664.htm

and here is something Azerbaijan, Kazakstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkey, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan addressed to the Secretary General of the United Nations:

Declaration 3.
Having expressed deep satisfaction with cooperation in the area
of science, culture and education, the Heads of State called for the
further expansion and strengthening of those ties between their
countries and for the popularization of the great cultural and
historical heritage of the Turkish peoples.

The Heads of State stressed that the TURKSOY organization has
important tasks before it in the further development of cooperation based on the commonality of culture, language and spiritual values of the peoples of the Turkish-speaking countries, and consider it necessary to enhance the effectiveness of this organization.

Clearly there is undeniable evidence supporting that fact that Turks are more than just the Anatolian Turks. Furthermore I never stated that Uzbekistan and Turkey were one nation, I said there were very strong similiarities between the people, language and culture.

With out getting into this subject too much, I do awknowledge Qelebex's point that Turkey has more than just Turks within its borders. Jewish, Greek, Armenian and Kurds all live within Turkey, so if Turk implies peope from Turkey thus these people have to call themselves non-Turks - point understood. Politics is not my thing, I suppose these minorities are in the same boat as the Russians in Kazakistan or Uzbekistan. They call themselves Kazaks (I think they do) yet they are otherwise. Politics!

Hey I am writing all this JUST to let people know what Turk means the history of the Turks etc, no POLITICS please :)

anyways got to get back to work

later

i can VERY easily communicate with other Turkic people, theres not much difference in language or culture. Anyway no matter what kind of Turk youre talking about, they all have asian language, culture, and maybe even food.

so if youre gonna make the Turks put them near the chinese border :)

good luck

Suleiman the Magnificent would be a good name for the "emperor" (player).

How about the Armenian genocide as a wonder, removing (destroying) all foreign nationals?

"How about the Armenian genocide as a wonder, removing (destroying) all foreign nationals?"

This one is a great lie and unfortunately Armenian diaspora is strong enough to spread over lies...

There wouldn't be any Serbs, Greeks, Bulgarians, Armenians, Albanians, Romanians left after a 600 years of Ottoman control if Turks have had a habit of genocide.

Not really, Ottoman massacres were very common, infact massacres were the way of the world.

Nothing special every empire had its genocides, just some are more famous then others. My ancestors (though not armenian) were massacred by turks, as were many serbs and greeks (and the greeks themselves massacred many turks in former smyrna).

The world is an ugly place.

The wonder would be iron and useful, if it converts half foriegn nationals into your nationality and uses the rest for shields.

I mean there should be an option to rid one's self of the pesky foriegn nationals anyway.

who the f cares who turks are or who lives there or what nationality or which arabs live there or middle east or whatever, the fact is majority is muslims and thas all that matters, this nationalism bs is what got us in such a ****hole

Hey!
If you want to make a Turksih civilization you should select the age.
If you want ancient ages, you should make the middle asian Turks
If you want middle age, you should make Ottomans
If you want modern ages, You should make Turkish Republic(which exists today)

And I played the turkish mod, the capital was Istanbul.
Ýstanbul is capital for Ottomans
Turkish Republic's capitol is Ankara as you know
And you can ask anything about Turks to me because I'm a Turk:cool:
I can give any info about every age of the Turks

thanks for this mod.
i can say that if you wat to made a turk mode, u will use bot the ideas, turks in anatolia, and center asia. Both are true.

i want to say that, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk is hero and leadder of modern Turkey, if u use Modern turks the leadder must be Ataturk. But Fatih Sultan Mehmet(Conc.) is Middle ages hero and leadder.

The Greathest cities in Turkey:
Ýstanbul
Ankara
Ýzmir
Adana
Bursa
Gaziantep
Konya
Erzurum
Eskiþehir
Ýzmit
Antalya
etc....

thanks, i'll try the mod.

thanks for turkish mod

i think best leader of the Turks is Yavuz Sultan Selim in middle ages.:cool:

he made very good jobs in 8 years which can made in 100 years! he went to egypt with his army from istanbul in one month! passed from desert and didn't lost his way or part of his army! with weak army he take control of egypt. and he had a project like open a suez canal isn't he better than Fatih Sultan Mehmet:cool:

note:sorry for mistakes

axe-man, for hundreds of years the minorities of the Ottoman Empire lived in peace. It was not until the 1900's that the Turkish language was even required in school and minorities began to get abused.

so have some respect mkay

I'm a Greek ... and as I know the 1910's were the balkanian wars ... At the 1900's most of the Balkan nations were indepedent ... Only the Arabs were still under Ottoman rule...
As axe-man said , massacres were very common to the old Empires , ex. the British in India , the French in Algeria ...
As for the Turks , remember the massacre of Chios ...
The Armenian genocide is recognised by most of the European nations as a fact .
Anyway , Turkey has done big steps the latest years ( in order to enter the EU , of course ) ...
no offence ...

P.S. The European Union could be a good tech advantage for your civ ... What do you think ? :goodjob:

Every military in the world has had it's massacres,but empires there massacres are infamous and many.

Top Bottom