Mod to change Happiness and Bonus System

Hafenguy

Warlord
Hi is there a mod that gives, again, bonuses by building in the percent, instead of, for example, a total of 5 pistons when you build a library?

A mod that changes this happiness system in the way it was in civ 4 or 5 would also be very welcome.

Vox Populi sounds very interesting to me, but the bonus system and the happiness system makes me sick to my stomach.

Do you mean a modifier effect?

In the previous versions of VP, it uses modifiers to reduce unhappiness. But since it confuses people, it changed to flat unhappiness reduction (which is actually nearly similar like it was in the vanilla Civ 5).
Also, VP removed almost all yield modifiers and go with flat yields instead, so yields won't snowball pretty fast by stacking modifiers (although it still is indirectly in some cases).

Ah ok, does that mean that now not every city has needs for science, commerce, etc.? And heta unhappy when this needs are not fulfilled?

Ah ok, does that mean that now not every city has needs for science, commerce, etc.? And heta unhappy when this needs are not fulfilled?
No, every city still needs all of its yields satisfied, otherwise you'll get hit by unhappiness.
Unhappiness from various sources only appears if the city isn't satisfied by the current yield. The need for yields to be reduced by constructing defense buildings.

To revert this whole unhappiness design with a modmod will require such a huge task which could cause balance problems if it isn't done properly.

Top Bottom