Mod Won't Load

germanpeon

Chieftain
I can't get the mod to load either through the load a mod menu in game or by launching the mod directly from the mod folder. When I attempt to load the mod, the loading indication appears saying 'loading' in various languages, quickly closes, and then nothing.

Has anyone else had this experience? If so, how do I go about fixing this?

I can't get the mod to load either through the load a mod menu in game or by launching the mod directly from the mod folder. When I attempt to load the mod, the loading indication appears saying 'loading' in various languages, quickly closes, and then nothing.

Has anyone else had this experience? If so, how do I go about fixing this?

Welcome to CFC and C2C :)

1) Have you manually patched Civ BtS to version 3.19? The auto updater does not work. Patch can be found here

2) Have you installed Caveman2Cosmos correctly? It should be in the Mods of your Beyond the Sword folder. Inside the Caveman2Cosmos folder there should be an Assets folder. If instead there is another Caveman2Cosmos folder you need to move it all up one level.

3) If you are running Win 7 or later you may need to set up to run in Administrator mode or allow c2C to write to its own folders.

4) C2C wont work on Mac computers because it has a custom dll and the Mac version of BtS does not support custom dlls.

Hope this helps.

I patched it and it works! It takes a little bit to get loading but it works. Thanks a lot!

Dear Dancing Hoskuld:

Greetings from Baker Street! I hope this finds you and yours well.

I'm running Windows 7. I've been working my bippy off trying to get this mod to work and it seems to be thumbing its nose at me.

Question: How do I run it as an administrator?

Civ IV is up to date at 3.19.

Sincerely yours always,

Sherlock.

If you've set up c2c to launch from a short cut icon you could right click said icon to get to the properties and either 'run as admin' from there or go to the security tab and give full control or whatever (read/write being the important ones though) permissions.

If you don't launch from a short cut icon you can right click the CiV4 program from your start menu and change 'run as admin' or permissions there.

I suggest setting up the short cut icon; and if you like to play other mods/vanilla as well then I suggest also following these instructions.

Top Bottom