[MOD] ZB Sengoku Jidai (BTS)

I think it is far better.... :)

This scenario is at a combat stage... ready for combat between the different factions.

And no, I have not forgotten about the update... I have recently moved to a new city, and have just not had a chance to sit down and get everything ironed out. I have the list on my computer desk. Hopefully I will get to things this weekend.
If there are any leaderheads out there that people want me to include, please post a link.

-Zen Blade

Yes, it is definitely better than the C3C version. That one had too much building up and no historical starts.

Glad to see the updates coming along! Can't wait to play!

Hi everyone,

The updated version is out. It can be found at:
Link to Civfanatics: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11433

That will link to the DL site, which is at atomicgamer.
After downloading, unzip the file, and the place the unzipped folder within the Beyond the Sword MODS folder.

Changes: Please take a look at the readme file in the folder. THERE IS A MUCH MORE COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF WHAT HAS BEEN CHANGED AND WHAT WILL LIKELY BE CHANGED IN THE FUTURE.

Updates from 1.00:

• "Public Maps" folder was corrected to "PublicMaps". The scenarios should now be properly seen without any alterations needed.
• The duplicate "Oda Yari Ashigaru" was solved.
----The solution: Starting the Oda clan with Elite Ashigaru technology. The Oda Yari Ashigaru now replaces ONLY Elite Ashigaru.
• Mounted Samurai (and clan-specific Mounted Samurai) now have a -20% city defense modifier. They are essentially only a little stronger than "samurai" units during sieges.
• "Complete Kill" option was turned off.
• War Elephant requires "Kata" technology. This removes the shaded out War Elephant icon from build lists.
• I changed the Ryuzoji leaderhead. It is now a simple image of Ryuzoji Takenobu. My playtest of this change was not exhaustive, but it should be fine.

--Also, I have included two previous scenarios from other authors. I do not guarantee that they will work, but if you like, you can take a look at them. They both say (Not ZB) after their names.

Let me know if there are any questions.
thanks,

-Zen Blade

Fixed link.

Regarding War Elephants, you are correct. That is why you can not ever build them. Rather than eliminate the unit from the files altogether, I just hid it using Tech requirements.

-Zen Blade

@Zen Blade

Congratulations on the new update. I am downloading it as I write this post. I'd like to ask a couple of questions however:
1- Have you solved the problem with adding a more civs DLL? If not I suggest to do this in the following steps :
a. Add the DLL
B. Before starting the game with any scenario edit the scenario file with Notepad or a better text editor (Notepad++ is recommended).
C. Add phony team and player entries in the scenario file so that the total number of teams/players equals the number supported by the DLL.
D. You can then start the scenario with the custom scenario option and go ahead with adding the clans you intend to add.

2 - I suppose you didn't look at the issue of 150% culture cities I mentioned before. I don't know if this is supposed to be a feature??

well... you sons of.... $%@%@$!!
:)

You may get what you want. I am not a fan of that part of the map either. I tried to edit the WBS file (to alter the map), but there were always issues with the file.

If you guys have suggestions on how this could be done without remaking the ENTIRE map and all the different terrain/rivers/bonuses, I would love to do this.

Alternatively, I would also like to increase the number of clans to 20-40... and I haven't been able to alter the current WBS file (in conjunction with the mods that allow a greater number of players...). SO, I may be interested in making a new map from scratch that would have the capability to go ~40 clans, while also having a different/more ideal geography.

This being said, if anyone knows of a good map making tool/editor, I would love to hear it. If I could port the geographic data in the current WBS file, that would be great.

-Zen Blade

Maybe you could just change those plots into ocean? I think changing plot is not so that difficult in WB:D

And I believe that more clans could make the mod much more interesting, can't wait to see your next release!

Great Job on the Mod!
There goes the rest of my week...

As for the Western Part of the Map, I agree that cutting it is the way to go. If you do add 20-40 clans remember that the number of civs tends to exponentially slow the game, so you might want to make that a seperate scenario file.

So, the next version will feature a new map.
I have been using the map edit tool by Gr3yhound... and I think it is going to work.

Key features:

Map will be 100x100 (about 10-15% reduction in total size).
The map will have only the main Japanese islands, and some smaller islands (Tsushima, Oki, Awaji, etc...)

Japan will be enlarged by about 10% relative to current map. This translates into about 7-9 extra land space east/west and north/south. So, enough to give a little more breathing room around Kyoto/Osaka region and probably enough to give another City to Shikoku (Western Iyo or Tosa) and Kyushu (not sure where yet).

No Korea--Which means at least one more Clan/Civ.

More than 18 civs... I am attempting to get this to work. The prototype map seems to load using the 40 civ mod... I need to port this over to the ZB Sengoku Jidai mod... and see if it still works. If not, then troubleshoot and find the problem.

List of Civs/clans to potentially add:

Honganji/Ikko Ikki (1 or 2 distinct groups)--central Japan
Mogami --eastern/north
Akizuki --Kyushu/western
Asakura (split from Azai) --central/eastern
Satomi --eastern
Ukita --central/western
Nanbu --eastern/north
Amako --western (if scenario starts around 1560)

-Zen Blade

Hey Zen Blade, just wanted to let you know that I think the mod is great and I also am a big fan of this period of war in Japanese history. I noticed that the game crashes when you get into the turn 75 or so. Also, I noticed cannot build settlers until you discover the last tech in the tech tree"kata". I am not sure after what action the games crashes, but it does so consistantly around turn 75...I was a big fan of this scenario when it was on cv3 and would love to continue playing it. good idea, good job...

Hey Zen Blade, just wanted to let you know that I think the mod is great and I also am a big fan of this period of war in Japanese history. I noticed that the game crashes when you get into the turn 75 or so. Also, I noticed cannot build settlers until you discover the last tech in the tech tree"kata". I am not sure after what action the games crashes, but it does so consistantly around turn 75...I was a big fan of this scenario when it was on cv3 and would love to continue playing it. good idea, good job...

JolietJake,

I am glad you enjoy the scenario. Could you tell me what clan you were playing as? Also, if you could upload the savefile, that would be great.
Also, if this is the same CTD that I have seen, try going back in time about 6 turns and seeing if the CTD persists. The CTD I have experienced tends to disappear. Turn ~75 seems a bit early for the particular crash I am thinking about. Anyways, I will try to look into this.

-Zen Blade

For anyone interested,

The new map is coming along well.

Gr3yhounds MapView worked well. The current map is 100x100 with an enlarged Japan+ocean only. I have attached a pic.

I have added in cities and civs. The first scenario will be ~1556-8 start date and will contain ~24 civs, including a number of new ones in the east and central Japan. There will also be Ikko Ikki, and I am trying to see if I can create some Ikko Ikki "complexes" that would produce units (similar to Mongol camps), but without being cities.

-Zen Blade

Attachments

• New Map.jpg
    New Map.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 378
Something's seriously wrong with what I downloaded.

I go to scenerios, click on the scenerio, I don't get a choice of civ (it picks Qin Shi Huang for me, with a japaneese name and civ in the default name slots), it doesn't even load a mod, and when the map starts up, I have no units or cities, and automatically lose.

hanwu,

did you load the mod before trying to start the scenario? Your first post makes it sound like you did not load the mod before starting the scenario. You must load the mod (under advanced options) before starting.

-Zen Blade

Top Bottom