ModBuddy template "NewBuilding" not working..

lighthouse2010

Chieftain
Hey all,
I'm just starting to get first hands on civ6 modding and I wanted to have a first look at the possibilities using the templates that ModBuddy provides. So I loaded the template "NewBuilding" and built it but my problem is:
  • The mod is showing up as a Mod in the Main Menu
  • The mod is not showing up in-game, neither as a building option nor in the Civilopedia
I tried 1,248 things, but it never changed a thing.
The Loca is correct (en_US for english game version).
I also uploaded here the template file I used (although everyone should have the same anyway coming along with ModBuddy).
Could someone pleaaaase help me?
I'm currently wasting tons of nerves and time :D

Thank youu! <3

Attachments

• NewBuilding.zip-20210325T081647Z-001.zip
    6.9 KB · Views: 39
The problem is probably in the way the templates that come with Modbuddy work.

They have generic starter files in them with the correct InGame and FrontEnd actions needed to make the template work in-game. However, when you create a new mod using the template the Modbuddy tool automatically renames all these XML files (and other files) to conform to the name of the mod you give, but the InGame and FrontEnd actions that are packaged into the mod are not updated to reflect these alterations in the names of the XML files. So your mod will be instructing the game to use files that don't exist as part of your mod.

What you need to do in Modbuddy is navigate first to the mod "Properties" tab, then select FrontEndActions tab within that and edit any actions that were set up by the template to use the files as they are named within the mod. Then repeat for the InGameActions tab. You will need to remove the bad file names from the actions individually and then add the files that are correct for your mod one by one for every pre-created "action" the template provides.

Then save the project
Then "Build" the mod under the ModBuddy top menu "BUILD" option.

@LeeS
Thank you for the quick response.
I already checked for the FrontEnd Actions and In-Game Actions and they looked OK to me..
Does the following setting look wrong to you?
(It only shows FrontEnd Actions for Gameplay, but it's 100% similar for Icons and Text and for In-Game Actions)

It's wrong because the FrontEnd actions should not have the UpdateDatabase Action. That belongs in the InGameActions. I just loaded up the New Building Template in Modbuddy to see what it places where by default.

The FrontEndActions for that template is empty, which it ought to be because of what the template is set up to show you.

You need to have only the InGameActions for that template -- every template (Building, Civilization, etc.) is different for what it has FrontEnd/InGame but they all share the same issue with file names not being altered when a mod is made from the template.

Thanks from me too! I was caught by the same issue with a template.

I'm wondering whether there was some indication somewhere of what was wrong. I looked closely at the log files for errors or warnings, but didn't find anything relevant.

Top Bottom