ModCast Episode 61: "One Thing Led to Another"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
It's in the chronology. The sixty-first episode of ModCast is now netcasting. Entitled "One Thing Led to Another" with a runtime of 50m27s, features regular co-hosts Rob "Rob (R8XFT)" Riley, Jett "TPangolin", Jan "Janboruta" Boruta and Scott "AlphaShard" Dirk with first-time guest co-host Jeff "Gazebo".

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 02m41s | Modding Spotlight
From "City-State Diplomacy", and again to the "Community Patch Project" for Civilization V, what has driven and continues to drive its creation, alterations and promotion.
- 31m31s | Cartography Room
What can be found in the Kulin, Beothuk and Kimberley civilizations for the "Colonialist Legacies" civilization series for CivV, its future and connections to the Battle Royale.

ModCast is the first spin-off of the Civ strategy-centric PolyCast; fellow sibling RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, SCivCast on Civ social gaming and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

Five comments this time:

1) Gazebo's accent is probably the closest to my own of anyone's I've thus far heard. Hooray for General American! :D

2) I'm hype for knowing why people denounce me! :) That caught my attention more than anything about the balance patch. The rest of it I'm ambivalent about.

3) Also, Jan, language - this is a family-friendly forum ;)

4) Dora la expladora :lol::lol::lol:

5) We all now need to call Tpang "TEEEEeeEEeePAAANNg".

The Pope speaks! Awesome episode :D It would be nice to see Corporations made available as a distinct component one day, indeed.

Now... What of the Lord God Whoward? :p
But who amongst us would be brave enough in this new world to follow Qui Immutat Aeternum as a guest ?

--------------------------

I also noticed that the link called "Modcast" takes you direct to the new episode, whereas the one called "One Thing Led to Another" takes you to the Season 6 'home' page.

---------------------------

"Interesting":
Spoiler :
I put "he who modifies forever" into two different English->Latin translator programs and got Qui Immutat Aeternum. When I ran that back through a Latin->English translation in both sites I got "he takes forever" :hammer2:

I guess Deus Moddi still wins. I should probably be referred to as qui loquitur nimis

Awesome episode :D
:king:

I also noticed that the link called "Modcast" takes you direct to the new episode, whereas the one called "One Thing Led to Another" takes you to the Season 6 'home' page.
Whoops -- appreciate the heads-up. Latter link corrected.

What about his Modjesty, Emperor JFD?
Some of us refuse to recognize his claim to Imperium....:p

On topic, if there is one here, I was excited to hear Gazebo mention the plan to eventually 'modularize' CBP. I've been keeping an eye on the progress of CBP and been hoping this would be the case because while there are some elements that look fascinating, there are others that .... ah .... I think the old saw about no two economists being able to agree on anything applies to just about any two mod-makers / mod-users. :snowlaugh:

IIRC, Jifford has been on already. Earlier this year, I believe (time is just a blur to me). On a sad note, I was so excited when I got to work this morning and saw there was a new episode of ModCast . . . until I reached into my pocket and realized I left my iPhone at home on the charger :sad: I guess I'll have something to look forward to tomorrow then.

JFD was a guest on Episode 52 of ModCast last year. Neither Whoward or Jifford have been a guest on the show... yet!

On a sad note, I was so excited when I got to work this morning and saw there was a new episode of ModCast . . . until I reached into my pocket and realized I left my iPhone at home on the charger :sad:
From glass half-empty...

I guess I'll have something to look forward to tomorrow then.
... to glass half-full. :cool:

As a content creator it's always rewarding, and encouraging, to read such accounts from listeners of the works. Thank you for sharing yours.

JFD was a guest on Episode 52 of ModCast last year. Neither Whoward or Jifford have been a guest on the show... yet!

Jifford is just JFD pronounced as a word rather than an acronym (originally coined by Scapegrace, I believe) :D

I think once I've released Sovereignty and everything in between I'd like the opportunity to come back on. My issues with Social Anxiety have considerably waned since, and so things should be a bit more fruitful. That's if they'll have me :p

I personally think it was one of the more pleasant and full episodes we did this year. Good moods, a great guest, lots of info. Plus we had a good deal more content there, hope some snippets will find use in future episodes as candy or flashbacks. :D

And I'd be flattered to have JFD on the panel once again, and I'm totally not biased. :D

Jifford is just JFD pronounced as a word rather than an acronym (originally coined by Scapegrace, I believe) :D
Ahhh, now I see the connection now that you've explained it. One stands to learn at least one thing everyday, and this can count as mine.

I personally think it was one of the more pleasant and full episodes we did this year. Good moods, a great guest, lots of info.
I concur all around.

Not that I'm biased. ;)

Plus we had a good deal more content there, hope some snippets will find use in future episodes as candy or flashbacks. :D
Yes, there is some archived material.

And I'd be flattered to have JFD on the panel once again, and I'm totally not biased. :D
What is this "bias" you speak of? :mischief:

I think we should have Pouakai and JFD on the same modcast early next year; they live in the same or similar time zone, so it should be straightforward to arrange. I've liked all our guests and there's every chance we'll have them all back on at some point throughout 2016.

I was dissappointed in one thing, though: Jan never did seem to press TPangolin about why it seems so many Colonialist Legacies Civs seem to be doing so well in the Battle Royale :)

I enjoyed being on time before this -- there really is nothing like spending a couple hours nattering on about one's hobby with others who share the same fetish erudite set of interests.

I remembered my iPhone today and finally got to listen to it. It was a great show, especially since I'm just now starting to get my feet wet with the Community Patch. As for Pope Jeffery Gazebo I's accent, I couldn't hear one. Although I noticed he said "art" instead of "aht" but that might just be the teacher in him squashing his native heritage.

I enjoyed being on time before this -- there really is nothing like spending a couple hours nattering on about one's hobby with others who share the same fetish erudite set of interests.
:D

I remembered my iPhone today and finally got to listen to it. It was a great show...
:king:

Top Bottom