[MODCOMP] Addon for Age of Discovery II 1.10

KJ Jansson

Prince
Addon for Age of Discovery II 1.10 released 12-May-2009

This addon contains three elements that absent in brand-new version of Age of Discovery II 1.10 released 12-May-2009.

1. 2-Plots City Radius
2. Abandon colony
3. Diplomatic relation's icons

Special THANKS to NeverMind for his "2-Plots City Radius", "Abandon colony" and "Russian America" mods that were used as a basis for this addon creations.

Installation:
1. Download Age_of_Discovery_II_addon.rar.
2. Unzip to your C4C \Mods\Age of Discovery II folder.

Note:
1. Make backup copies of all 5 files in your Age of Discovery II folder that you find in Age_of_Discovery_II_addon.rar. In this case you can return back if you would like to play original version of AoD 1.10.
2. Or create a copy of full AoD 1.10 directory and copy all 5 files from Age_of_Discovery_II_addon.rar in corresponding sub-directories. In this case you could play both or original version of AoD 1.10 or modified one.

Three screens below show all these components in AoD 1.10.

Attachments

• 2-Plots City Radius.jpg
    2-Plots City Radius.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 817
  • abandon colony.jpg
    abandon colony.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 741
  • relations icons.jpg
    relations icons.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 792
Since Installing this mod I have run into a lot of OOS problems when playing over gamespy or Direct IP.

Here is the short list of things that cause me to OOS:

Player gets attacked.
Player goes to europe (made to happen less often with this: http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=214804&d=1242769365 but still happens.)
Play selects Buy Shortfall when attempting to finish a building.
Player attacks.

I noticed that the Age of Discovery II folder you have in your RAR file is called "Age of Discovery II" instead of "AgeOfDiscoverII" like the original mod. Is there a chance that the paths don't make up within the files themselves? I know nothing about modding/python/coding. I do understand how to install the mod and parts of it do work. The two plots portion seems to be working fine. The diplomatic icons do not appear at all. Abandoning a colony also doesn't seem to work. Cntrl+X does nothing.

Not sure if these things were included as they are from russian america but if they were they also do not work:

Different Map sizes.
Different game speeds.

Since Installing this mod I have run into a lot of OOS problems when playing over gamespy or Direct IP.

Here is the short list of things that cause me to OOS:

Player gets attacked.
Player goes to europe (made to happen less often with this: http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=214804&d=1242769365 but still happens.)
Play selects Buy Shortfall when attempting to finish a building.
Player attacks.

I never play over gamespy or Direct IP and know nothing about OOS problems at all.

I propose to describe your problems on "Civ4Col - Multiplayer & PBEM" section http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=317. Maybe somebody could answer you professionally.
Look also "Do mods kill multiplayer?" section here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=309110

But before, please, install Age of Discovery II addon correctly.

I noticed that the Age of Discovery II folder you have in your RAR file is called "Age of Discovery II" instead of "AgeOfDiscoverII" like the original mod. Is there a chance that the paths don't make up within the files themselves? I know nothing about modding/python/coding. I do understand how to install the mod and parts of it do work. The two plots portion seems to be working fine. The diplomatic icons do not appear at all. Abandoning a colony also doesn't seem to work. Cntrl+X does nothing.

Not sure if these things were included as they are from russian america but if they were they also do not work:

Different Map sizes.
Different game speeds.

"Age of Discovery II addon" contains 5 files that should be copied in the following directories.

I have AoD 1.10 mod in directory "Age of Discovery II", therefore in my cause I exchanged these files:

...\Age of Discovery II\Assets\Python\Screens\CvMainInterface.py
...\Age of Discovery II\Assets\Python\CvEventManager.py
...\Age of Discovery II\Assets\res\Fonts\GameFont_75.tga
...\Age of Discovery II\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll
...\Age of Discovery II\XML\GlobalDefinesAlt.xml

If you have AoD 1.10 mod in "AgeOfDiscoverII" directory you have to exchange the same files. They are located here:

...\AgeofDiscoveryII\Assets\Python\Screens\CvMainInterface.py
...\AgeOfDiscoverII\Assets\Python\CvEventManager.py
...\AgeOfDiscoverII\Assets\res\Fonts\GameFont_75.tga
...\AgeOfDiscoverII\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll
...\AgeOfDiscoverII\XML\GlobalDefinesAlt.xml

Please, make backup all files you plan to exchange.

I have no problems to choose different map sizes or different game speeds. All of them are available and are working perfectly.

Three screens in the first post were made in AoD 1.10 with "Age of Discovery II addon". As you see both abandon colony option and diplomatic icons are available.

I think I have figured it out. I believe this file here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/attach...4&d=1242769365 replaces a few of the files you present in the addon. So if you install them both you ethier lose some of the addon or have a huge about of OOS problems.

Well, I found the reason at least one of your problems.

In your game you use updated Europian screen from koma13 published 17-May-2009.

Open CvEuropeScreen.py and find:

## Europe Screen 5 beta3 - AOD2
## by koma13

Age of Discovery II 1.10 released 12-May-2009 has CvEuropeScreen.py

## Europe Screen 5 beta2 - AOD2
## by koma13

Addon for Age of Discovery II 1.10 was made for Age of Discovery II 1.10 released 12-May-2009.

In your game you have CvEventManager.py without changes made in addon.

For instance in your CvEventManager.py file absent a number of lines required for "abandon colony" option.

1. absent line:

Code:
	DEMOLISH_CITY_EVENT = 7500

2. absent line:

Code:
	self.Events[DEMOLISH_CITY_EVENT] = ('DestroyCityPopup', self.__eventDestroyCityApply, self.__eventDestroyCityBegin)

3. absent lines:

Code:
			if ( CyInterface().isCityScreenUp() ):
				if(theKey == int(InputTypes.KB_X) and self.bCtrl):
					if (CyInterface().getHeadSelectedCity().getOwner() == gc.getGame().getActivePlayer()):
						self.beginEvent(DEMOLISH_CITY_EVENT)
						return 1

4. absent lines:

Code:
	def __eventDestroyCityBegin(self, argsList):
		popup = CyPopup(DEMOLISH_CITY_EVENT, EventContextTypes.EVENTCONTEXT_ALL, True)
		popup.setHeaderString("Abandon Colony", CvUtil.FONT_CENTER_JUSTIFY)
		popup.setBodyString("Do you really want to abandon this colony?", CvUtil.FONT_LEFT_JUSTIFY)
		popup.addButton("OK")
		popup.addButton(localText.getText("TXT_KEY_SCREEN_CANCEL", ()))
		popup.launch(False, PopupStates.POPUPSTATE_IMMEDIATE)
		return
	def __eventDestroyCityApply(self, playerID, userData, popupReturn):
                if (popupReturn.getButtonClicked() == 0):
			CyInterface().getHeadSelectedCity().kill()
			CyAudioGame().Play2DSound("AS2D_CITYCAPTURE")
		return

As result at least "abandon colony" option doesn't work in your game.

I love the concept of abandoning colonies - however, I wanted to ask if it is sufficiently easy to change the colony radius back to 1 tile in your mods? :) I just can't get used to the Civ-System in good old Colonization...

Hi KJ,
The link above has gone dead... any chance you still have a copy around?
Be in your debt sir...

Hi KJ,
The link above has gone dead... any chance you still have a copy around?
Be in your debt sir...

KJ is currently not around in the forums.

Top Bottom