[MODCOMP] mZone: Zone of Control

Melinko

Reverend
For Colonization v1.01

This SDK ModComp is actually four parts, Units, Professions, Promotions, and Improvements.

Units allow the unit to have Zone of Control despite any promotion. But if Professions are turned on it will still default to it.

Professions are to allow Zone of Control. Despite any other condition that may give it to a unit, if the profession they are does not allow for it that will not have it.

Promotions are for units that would not normally have zone of control to get it. If they are not the correct profession then they will will lose their zone of control until they they change to the correct one.

Improvements will let the improvement give the zone of control to the owner of that improvement. The owner is set when it is built, or when someone at war with the current owner moves into that square. Of course ownership is lost to all when the improvement is pillaged.

How Zone of Control works is if you are next to a unit/improvement with Zone of Control, and at war, you can not move into that same units/improvement Zone of control, or another of that teams units zone of control.

The Civopedia has entries for all the things with Zone of Control, as well as the pop-up text so the ones with it should be noticeable. I should note that although I tested it some this is still a beta, and if there are any issues let me know.

Download

ScreenShots

1) The Improvement Civopedia Entry
2) The Improvement flying help text
3) The Unit Civopedia Entry
4) The Unit flying help text
5) Zone of Control blocking move
6) Profession Civopedia Entry
7) Promotion Civopedia Entry

Attachments

• ImprovementCivEntry.JPG
    ImprovementCivEntry.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 215
  • ImprovementFlyingHelp.JPG
    ImprovementFlyingHelp.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 203
  • UnitCivEntry.JPG
    UnitCivEntry.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 180
  • UnitFlyingHelp.JPG
    UnitFlyingHelp.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 206
  • ZoneOfControlBlock.JPG
    ZoneOfControlBlock.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 247
  • ProfessionCivEntry.JPG
    ProfessionCivEntry.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 185
  • Promotion.JPG
    Promotion.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 213
Looks cool. Will you add option how Zone-of-control will work?

Like a: if you move inside zone-of-control the enemy will attack if the win chance is larger than 50%.

Looks cool. Will you add option how Zone-of-control will work?

Like a: if you move inside zone-of-control the enemy will attack if the win chance is larger than 50%.

Maybe.. :) Right now I was tring to make it not buggy and modable for others to just check zone of control and use it to do whatever code they want. I will have to expose hasZoneofControl to python, and hopefully with that it will be easier to acomplish the different results from Zoc

I can't seem to get this to work: If MZONE_ZONE_OF_CONTROL_ENABLED is set to 1 the game crashes as soon as I try to move every time. Don't suppose anyone else has a similiar problem or fix for this?

Top Bottom