Modded Hall of Fame showing Won/Loss state...

Thanks for a great addition Fallblau! Quick question just to clarify... since "screens" was already present in my directory tree... should I leave the "s" lowercase, or uppercase it?

Great mod...thanks!

@Fallblau

In 1.52 they messed up the last column for the game speed, everything was changed to Epic for any thing that wasn't Marathon ( and then the Marathon is messed up as well). Is this something that can be easily corrected?

BTW, did they incorporate your mod into 1.52? I renamed the screens folder in the custom assets before I loaded 1.52, so I could see if they modded the HOF and to see if a few other screens had improved, and your mod was still there, in fact my screens folder is still called 999screens and I still see the win/loss tags you put on.

No, they didn't incorporate it. I removed all mods before installing 1.52 and I didn't put this one back as I didn't see an update that it was compatible with the new patch and the "W" and "L" are gone.

Hi all...

Re: The amazing morphing game speeds...
Is this something that can be easily corrected?

I'd have to look... If you'll notice, when you load a mod that adds new game speeds (like FeFex's), that monkeys 'em up as well. So we'll see...

OK, I refitted my custom code to the new v1.52 seeded object... The customization still works, so here is your "Patch compatible" object...

View attachment Fallblau_v152_CvHallOfFameScreen.zip

The game speeds on old replays are STILL MESSED UP... But the are ALSO messed up in the new seeded ("actual Firaxis") object, so it isn't anything I'm doing...

Sounds similar to the scores on pre-1.09 games being wrong in v1.09.... I don't know if anything can really be done about it, at least until the SDK, where we can actually see the library code to see what CyHallOfFameInfo is actually doing... We may be able to do something, or there may be so little information actually stored in the replay, that nothing at all can be done...

And, frankly, who knows if we'll all still care at that point... :) I've gotten very, very bored with the game as it stands now... Unless somebody can fix the artillery, and the game pacing, I feel kind of done with C4.... There are only so many times you can hit next turn, and as long as they keep increasing building/training times in proportion to game turns, the only thing that will happen is you will hit "next turn" a lot more often...

OK, in this thread, Grumbler found the problem... The Firaxians stuck the new "Marathon" speed at the head of the list, rather than the tail, which skews the index by one...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=149288

So.... Put this file in your CustomAssets/XML/gameinfo folder...

View attachment Fallblau_HOF_CIV4GameSpeedInfo.zip

This resolves the issue with both my custom and the seeded HoF screens....HOWEVER, doing so will cause any current saved games to misregister their speed/current turn in game, so I would not suggest replacing the file mid-game. And there is still some possibility that games since the 1.52 patch but before replacing this file may misstate their speed in the HoF screen, so choose wisely...

Fallblau said:
OK, in this thread, Grumbler found the problem... The Firaxians stuck the new "Marathon" speed at the head of the list, rather than the tail, which skews the index by one...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=149288

View attachment 110505

This resolves the issue with both my custom and the seeded HoF screens....HOWEVER, doing so will cause any current saved games to misregister their speed/current turn in game, so I would not suggest replacing the file mid-game. And there is still some possibility that games since the 1.52 patch but before replacing this file may misstate their speed in the HoF screen, so choose wisely...

Thanks for your work, much appreciated.

The epic and normal games appear properly now, but the marathon game I just completed shows up as epic. BTW, I installed the patch after I completed the marathon game, as per your suggestion.

Fallblau said:

View attachment 110505

Any chance of getting an updated version of this for 1.61?

Top Bottom