[R&F] Modding Loyalty

AlphaDio

Chieftain
I would like advices and tips on how to mod Loyalty in order for it to use Culture and Tourism instead of Population.

I have some knowledge of modding, and so far I see that it will either come down to some SQL changes or adding some gameplay scripts to override either the calculation of Loyalty and Pressure, or just the modifiers used by it.

However I would like to hear from more experienced voices, is it possible?

Also Loyalty thread general I guess, discuss Loyalty if you wanna.

Well, that's especially lame...

I thought they took extra care making sure most aspects of that game were moddable, that's very disappointing to hear.

Something possible could be to add a function to modify Loyalty Pressure depending on the amount of Culture generated by the city? That could be possible, right?

> MODIFIER_PLAYER_CITIES_ADJUST_IDENTITY_PER_CITIZEN

Potentially I can tamper with this modifier to make its value relate with culture?
I will have to dive into the use of modifiers, I guess.

Try this:
Set CITIZEN_IDENTITY_PRESSURE_BASE in GlobalParameters to 0.
Create modifier that uses MODIFIER_PLAYER_CITIES_ADJUST_IDENTITY_PER_CITIZEN with requirements similar to REQUIRES_HAS_LOW_CULTURE.

Hopefully the next patch will make this a bit easier as they are adding the possibility for religion to affect loyalty.

What if just take culture difference/ratio among "competeng" civs in the city and apply some proportion on this city loyalty based on this ratio? Like City:ChangeLoyalty(yourFormula). I am talking in lua script context here exclusively.

Hopefully the next patch will make this a bit easier as they are adding the possibility for religion to affect loyalty.

Where did you get the info about religion affecting loyalty? I've also been trying to mod loyalty, but every idea I had was shutdown by a mechanics that's hardcoded. I'm hoping future patch will give me some leeway

Top Bottom