Modding without Modbuddy

steveforez

Chieftain
hello all, i want to know if is possible to build mod without Modbuddy ? because my SDK send me a error (Program corrupt, reinstall plz) i have redonwload and reinstal a lot but it's the same problem. Plz, help me (my visual is ok)

sorry for my english i'm french

It's definitely possible to mod without modbuddy. Most of the files you will ever need to modify are openable with notepad! Modbuddy is most helpful with organization, but most critical with publishing. Modifying the MODINFO file is a bit of a pain with just notepad, but you cannot publish to the steam workshop without modbuddy. You can still distribute through other means, lots of people do. But if you wanna share your mod, it's easiest through steam!

I assume you mean the mod ID... The mod ID is just random hexadecimal characters (0-9, A-F). Start with another mod's ID, and change some of the characters.

hello all, i want to know if is possible to build mod without Modbuddy ? because my SDK send me a error (Program corrupt, reinstall plz) i have redonwload and reinstal a lot but it's the same problem. Plz, help me (my visual is ok)

sorry for my english i'm french

Try installing this: http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/9/3/1939AD78-F8E8-4336-83F3-E2470F422C62/VSIsoShell.exe

Trivia information: google "Pardon my French." Kind of nice to see it works the other way round ;) (being neither, I can laugh about this)

Top Bottom