1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Modern Earth (Giant)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Scenarios' started by kiwitt, Jan 17, 2013.

1. tonyt25

tonyt25 Chieftain

Hi Kiwitt,

this is an amazing mod and VERY excited to play this. Congrats.

I am having an issue installing the mod however. I have downloaded and extracted the files into the MODS folder on the bits files. However, after i launch the MOD, during the re-start I am getting XML errors? do I need to place these files somewhere in particular?

Additionally, once it loads I can't find the map anywhere?

Sorry to ask, but looking forward to making it work

I am on a MAC btw.

Tony

2. tonyt25

tonyt25 Chieftain

Hi Kiwitt,

this is an amazing mod and VERY excited to play this. Congrats.

I am having an issue installing the mod however. I have downloaded and extracted the files into the MODS folder on the bits files. However, after i launch the MOD, during the re-start I am getting XML errors? do I need to place these files somewhere in particular?

Additionally, once it loads I can't find the map anywhere?

Sorry to ask, but looking forward to making it work

I am on a MAC btw.

Tony

3. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

It is not supported on Macs

4. Daniel Khan

Daniel Khan Bail Baby Bail

Just started a game as Russia. Do the barbarians spawn new units, or am I being attacked by the same invisible units every turn (they rarely are defeated, they just retreat)? How can I see them so I can attack them?

5. kiwitt

Try to see it as Terrorist cells making sneak attacks and disappearing again. i.e. just like in the real world, a 'nuisance' you now have to live with.

6. Barrenlands

Barrenlands Chieftain

Hey KiwiTT, i know its 2017 :D buut civ4 (or more specific YOUR Mods ^^) are still mega fun... i played this mod a few hours and want to share some thoughts about it. Before i was playing only your RTW historical mod soo thats why i came here a bit late...
    First off all great work, sooo many cities my gosh. At the beginning it was just too much to handle (e.g. first game with russia....). So i startted another with a smaller nation, Germany. The thing is that the player does not only have to handle all the city and unit stuff but the average time between the rounds is about 1 min 30 sec (8gb Ram) so that the game rly takes ages...but well :p
    Also theres kind off a lack of action as germany for example i had built all units to the max limit (even 90 infantry lol) but all nearby nations were still in defend pacts..this was kinda frustrating as said before the rounds take ages and your starting with many units but you cant do anything. I went attacking Arab liga (not close to me obviously). Germany just doesnt seem to go well for me
    Now im trying a new game with egypt. I lost couple of units to terrorists but this cant be avoided i guess ;)
    So far it turns out well i conquered libya and some cities of arab liga. But i think egypt is much more vulnerable then Germany to unit loss as it cant build anything at the beginning...so i lost couple of fighterd and soecial forces and now i dont think i can do any progress as i simply cant build effective units...(without air forces and arty its almost impossible to kill those mashine guns)
    But well its pretty chalanging but thats cool :)
    Also i guess egypt shouldnt be one of the stronger nations so i guess i reached the max of its capabilities...
    I guess theres a bug removing all units from a city after enemy bombardment. Eg my HQ mashine guns were placed out of my city once...this happened also to the AI 2 times...
    Also im really strughleling against terrorists..spys cant rly spot them always i dont know, wheni was playing germany sometimes i could arrest a terrorist with my spy
    Also the arab liga is spamming terrorists all time (as its one of the only units it can build :p)
    I dont know if everything i wrote makes sense and my english skills at 6 am (was playing all night :D) are kinda lost right now...anyways sry for replying after so long time maybe i will write another comment later :p
    THANK YOU for your efford :D

7. kiwitt

I am glad you are enjoying it. I enjoyed making it. I tend to play the smaller nations and just watch the world develop around me.

8. Anon6789

Anon6789 Chieftain

I have a question. I've noticed that the the Road to War mod is slow. It becomes painfully slow as the game goes on. I see the enemy tanks, artillery just going in circles. This consumes a lot of time. Is there a way to streamline this? It seems whoever developed it didn't do things as efficiently as the non-add on games. They don't take nearly this much time. Is our Road to War mod of a mod based on whatever they did in the original?

9. Anon6789

Anon6789 Chieftain

My virus scanner removed cvgamecoredll.dll as a threat.

10. aleksandrcyplakov

aleksandrcyplakov Chieftain

Hi,

I downloaded the Mod and would love to try it, but although it loads, Civ IV isn't seeing the scenario. I even copied and pasted the map into my world maps under the Games/Civ Folder. Am I doing something wrong?

11. kiwitt

The map has 1100 cities and 7,000 units. The modscript is single core, despite being a multicore game, it can take upto 10 minutes or more for the first turn to complete on my very fast core-i7 4790k 4 Ghz. However, after the first few turns have progressed it then startrs to play a bit faster.

12. kiwitt

I have installed the game into - C:\Games\Civ4\ - as per this thread - https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/installing-civ-4-on-windows-7-vista-32-64-bit.408537/ and then go to
    C:\Games\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Modern Earth\PublicMaps folder
    and then open "Modern Earth"and it will then autostart Civ IV and start the scenario.
    You can then at anytime open the save files folder in ...\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Saves

13. kiwitt

being playing this Mod again of late. It is really just great to play the Modern World with a Civ IV engine.

skyfire likes this.
  14. tonyt25

tonyt25 Chieftain

I agree - i have civ 5 & 6, but still like this best. However, I make a MAC and it will not load :( anything you can do?

15. Barrenlands

Barrenlands Chieftain

Hey Hey,
    started playing this again and its super cool still :D Is there any way to make terrorists vissible? And for some reason aftrer Air Strikes or if a special forces unit passes through a city all units in this city are being moved out of the city :/
    Love this mod and wish u a good day

16. Barrenlands

Barrenlands Chieftain

I tried to edit game files with editor but it doesnt work

17. kiwitt

Terrorists are supposed to be hidden - like the 'criminals' they are