• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Modified Fighter Bombers

My art is wrong...

I took the Ju87.nif from the above file and added the Ju87.dds artwork from the original Ju87 SnafuSmith did, then added in all the TBF_Avenger files. In my Civ4ArtDefinesUnits.xml I have the ju87.nif and the TBF_Avenger as the kfm.

But when I display my unit ingame, the skin does not match the frame, its all patchwork and wrong. I tried rotating the art 90, 180 and 270 degrees, but its always wrong.

If I used the .nif that comes with SnafuSmith's Ju87, the art is correct. I have to assume its this modded .nif that is the problem. Or have I done something dumb?

Any help is appreciated.

It would seem that the Ju-87 model by Snafusmith that is linked here is not the correct model. There are three Ju-87 models I know of; one by snafusmith, one by dutchking, and another. It isn't the one by dutchking, so it must be the other one that I am unfortunately unable to find on the boards. Anyone else have better luck sniffing it out?
In any event, you can get the correct model along with the skin in Wolfshanze's mod.

Thanks.

Exactly what does the .nif do? And the kfm? How do they relate together? Does the .nif utilize the.kfm?

Again, thank-you for clearing this up.

The "other" is Snafu's I believe... it was an "updated/newer" version by Snafu in his Modern Warfare Mod.

So the plane should dive-bomb if I use the dive-bomber .kfm, regardless of the .nif?

So the plane should dive-bomb if I use the dive-bomber .kfm, regardless of the .nif?
If you use the TBFAvenger.kfm with the proper NIF file, the Stuka will drop a single bomb when it attacks ground/naval targets instead of just strafing with MGs.

Top Bottom