1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Modmodding Q&A Thread

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth Friend Next Door Moderator

Neither. "is" means that it is the same object instance, which is not always the case for instances representing the same player. "==" is not defined for CyPlayer instances so it falls back to "is" as well.

To answer the question: kTriggeredData.ePlayer already is the player ID you are looking for, there is no need to go from there to CyPlayer first and then back to the player ID. But more generally, you can always get the player ID with CyPlayer.getID.

MacAurther likes this.
  2. MacAurther

MacAurther Chieftain

Ah, of course! That was pretty silly of me. Thanks, Leoreth! :)

In the case that I actually do need to go from CyPlayer to player ID, I thank you!

Leoreth likes this.
  3. Cole98

Cole98 AKA CerebralPolicy

Will this period condition work?

Code:
        if iEngland in [iCiv, iOwnerCiv]:
            #if England retains New York and Boston after American Revolution, New England is assigned to Canada
            if city.at(30,48) and city.at(31,50) and (year() < year(1800) and year() != year (1802)):
                setPeriod(iCanada, iPeriodCanadaExpanded)
            else:
                setPeriod(iCanada, -1)

4. Leoreth

Leoreth Friend Next Door Moderator

What event are you handling here?