Modular Fall from Heaven

Just for the heck of it, I googled Xienwolf and other than our modder's varied endeavors, I came up dry. But for 'Xien' the top match was for "Tong Vfang Xien Qi", which is listed as a Korean Boy Band. Therefore, I must conclude that any Xienwolf hero needs to be able to Sing (hopefully better than Guy Threepwood).

Hello. I ran some searches and could not find an answer to my question so here goes.

The mod 'AI can build arcane units' seems to work (with two exceptions) in my single player game wonderfully.

My main question is can this be used in a multiplayer game?

Secondarily I am getting two errors when I load FfH2 0.32 patch L with this mod added. They are similar to eachother..

'Tag: UNIT_ACROBAT in Info class was incorrect.
Current XML file is: modules\can directly build arcane units\civilizations\tweak_civ4civilizationinfos.xml'

The second is:
'Tag: UNIT_SECT_OF_FLIES in info class was incorrect.' Second line is identical.

I'm guessing that those two units either wont be allowed or the AI wont make them?

That is a problem with me not having updated this in a long time :) Those 2 units have been removed from the game, so anything that refers to them in a Module is a big no-no.

I am actually quite amazed that anything is still working from this stuff :) But it does make sense that the only conflict would be those 2 references. They should be rather easily removed, but there might be further conflicts which are not so easily fixed.

Hopefully with some of the AI tweaks Kael has been doing, that particular Module isn't quite as needed anymore. But sometime within the next month I am hoping to have completley overhauled how Modular Mods work for FfH to be the method that WoC uses (much more versatile, and fewer issues like what you are running into). I can't say that I'll update any of these modules until after that happens though sadly :(

Thank you for the reply. My friends and I have been playing ALOT of ffh2 multiplayer and we have never seen the AI use mages or archmages. So this mod looked like a godsend. We had to restrict ourselves from using waterwalking against the AI as they seemed to have no defense against it at all.

3 of us loaded the mod up and did a small test and damned if the AI werent creating and using mages. The downside was OOC errors about 10-15 turns in. The mod will make my singleplayer games much more interesting now though. Thank you.

If either of you are comfortable with editing the XML files, the only ones which should be causing you issues are the Civilizations folder contents. The Balseraph & Infernal mentions of the Acrobat & Sect of Flies most notably. But there are quite likely other small problems as well (like the Doviello not starting with Lucien as a free unit)

'Tag: UNIT_ACROBAT in Info class was incorrect.
Current XML file is: modules\can directly build arcane units\civilizations\tweak_civ4civilizationinfos.xml'

The second is:
'Tag: UNIT_SECT_OF_FLIES in info class was incorrect.' Second line is identical.
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think if you do a find-replace in the XML changing UNIT_ACROBAT to UNIT_HUNTER and UNIT_SECT_OF_FLIES to UNIT_CHAMPION you should clear it up.

Well replacing those two parts did indeed remove the two errors and everything is working wonderfully in singleplayer. Thank you.

If you are still having issues with OOS, try using my MODCOMP, I added no-Level Requirements as a gameoption, so you should see essentially the same results as you would see in the module (though I didn't modify the weighting for the Units at all. Except that I think the AI takes the Free Promotions into account when weighting units, and I placed a pretty hefty Weight on anything which grants free XP)

Uhhhhhh. Im really mad right now because version .33 of FFH2 is incompatible with the AI can direct build arcane units modular mod. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update it, it is one of my favorite modmods and I can't stand living without it. Thanks!

Sorry, but both this and the MODCOMP are essentially dead. I haven't much spare time of late and what I do have is being put into Fall Further. Over there I have it set up with a gameoption to allow the AI to dodge level requirements though.

Top Bottom