1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Modular Loading

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Creation & Customization' started by Liambane, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Liambane

Liambane Rome's Praetorian

Hi all.

Does Colonization support MODULAR LOADING like BTS?

I'm trying to make a Modular Civilization using the old BTS way with no success... The game keep crush always...

Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Bisonte

Bisonte Chieftain

3. Liambane

OK... I keep trying... i guess i will finally do a modular civ for colonization.

4. Bisonte

Bisonte Chieftain

I do it with Bonus Timber from Origins and the Carrack from AODII and it works fine.

I give you an example... Holz is the german word for Wood ;)

Maybe you can see how i handle it.... keep the structure and I think it will work.

Note: The Path of every gfx in ArtDefine is important... have a look...

Attached Files:

5. Liambane

OK seems that i'm not smart enough like time ago in modding... :mad:

I upload the modular mod i want to do... It's the Portugal civ made by jaldaen.
    you can find it in the download section of Colonization.

NOTE that I REMOVED SOUNDS and LEADERHEAD arts for a faster download. That file is INCOMPLETE!!!
    The xml part is the final one i will have on the mod.

Why it keep crush? :confused:
    Can you explain it to me, pls? :mischief:

6. Bisonte

Bisonte Chieftain

I try it also with this mod.

I think the modular xml don't support sounds.

If i try it, there no sound (the Path is right) and the King of Portugal was a French player ;)

The supported filelist ... thats the fault. The Modular thing is not successful...:cry:

7. Liambane

So you mean that at the moment is impossible to have a modular civlization for Colonization?

This story get me mad cause i don't know where I do error in writing that mod.

I know about modular modding sounds problem, but here the problem is that loading that modular civ keep crushing... :confused::confused::confused:

Anyone help?

8. jaldaen

jaldaen Prince

I have no experience with modular modding... but if anyone gets this to work... let me know as I'd like the Portugal mod to work in this way for those who want it.

P.S.: I will be releasing a new version of the Portugal mod with some balance changes and art changes (new civ colors and flags!) in the next few days.

9. Bisonte

Bisonte Chieftain

I think i found your mistake ....

you must put the schema files into the Portugal directory....

I'm not found the file Portugal_CIV4ArtDefinesSchema.xml for example.

If you write something like

<Civ4ArtDefines xmlns="x-schema:portugal_CIV4ArtDefinesSchema.xml">

then you must put it into the same Directory ...

You can copy CIV4ArtDefinesSchema.xml from the install Col Folder and rename to Portugal_CIV4ArtDefinesSchema.xml

10. Bisonte

Bisonte Chieftain

I have found another problem...

Why the King of Portugal is always not the King of Portugal ?

It's always a french leader (Champlain or Frontenac)

11. jaldaen

jaldaen Prince

That's odd... the King of Portugal is always the King of Portugal for me... when and where does this happen?

Thanks ;)

12. jaldaen

jaldaen Prince

Interesting... I did not know I had to copy over the ArtDefinesSchema. Mainly because the mod is working for me as I intended, but if this helps it become modular, then I'll add this in with the next update.

Btw... where do I put the following line of code:

<Civ4ArtDefines xmlns="x-schema:portugal_CIV4ArtDefinesSchema.xml">

So just to get this straight I need to rename the file in order to make it modular, right? Or can I leave it as the same name?

13. Bisonte

Bisonte Chieftain

Here are my example... without GFX and SFX...

You must only copy the arts and sounds...

So you can see what I mean... ;)

This Example works... but the Portugese King is a french Leader... perhaps you found my error ... ?

Attached Files:

14. jaldaen

jaldaen Prince

That did not work out so well... but I think it's because I've changed a few files around since I posted version 1.00 ;)

I'm obviously lacking in my modular modding skills... however what I promise to do is let you all know when the next version comes out. Then if one of you wants to make it modular for me that would be much appreciated. ;)

Perhaps once I see the complete setup for a modular mod with audio, graphics, and file format I'll have a better idea of how to make one from scratch.

15. Liambane

Hi Bisonte. Hi Jaldaen.

Thx for your support. All that i missed was that damned CIV4ArtDefinesSchema.xml in the folders... :lol:

I did it.
    I complete the mod working modular at 90% without any errors..

BUT

That King of France bug is really strange... Is the last thing i miss for complete this mod... :confused::confused::confused:

Maybe some file are missing... Maybe Modular mod require another file to specificate WHO is the KING of WHO... :confused:

16. jaldaen

jaldaen Prince

If you find out what file is needed let me know... I'm still trying to figure out the modular loading. The fustrating part is the mod loads fine for me... and has the right king in the right place, but obviously for those doing modular mods there is something being lost in translation.

17. jaldaen

jaldaen Prince

Okay so do I only have to include the XML files that say Portugal at the beginning? Or do I also include the CIV and PCIV ones? Maybe that's where I'm going wrong. Thanks ;)

18. Liambane

Don get mad jaldaen. Your Civilization modular mod is ready. I need just to find out why that KING ERROR and then i will upload it and you will se how to do a modualr civ.

My fault was to exclude from the mod the schema files for let tha work but now that is fixed. I think that the king error has something to do with some schema files too... :mad:

19. jaldaen

jaldaen Prince

Not mad... just trying to make it work ;)

Btw the next version will be out soon so... don't drive yourself crazy over it either ;)

20. Bisonte

Bisonte Chieftain

I don't think so...

All Schema Files are in the right folder.... all seems to be right. thats the strange thing.

And the wonderful thing is... why is it a French Leader ? why not an English oder a Spanish... only the two french... mmmhh very strange.

But all the other things works. Sound,Art,Units (karrack as special unit)...