[Module] Maogata

Well, the maogata are sort of put on the backburner, until A) RifE gets to it's next big version, which may be a while and B) i manage to find/make a decent number of unit models.

It technically does work, once the xml errors are fixed. It broke a while back after we changed some things regarding to the eras.

Also, there is no need to know C++. just basic xml, which any halfway decent texteditor can do.
Basically you have to add the eras we added to all the files that throw errors.
I think there was a fixed file floating around a while ago. Have to look for that.

edit/
There we go: use the files from Valkrionns post:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10627294&postcount=114
Should do the trick

This was requested on another thread. Don't know if you want this or not.

[edit] - There's a female model now, based off the male one. A lot thinner, though I'm not entirely happy with the boobage. I'm really disappointed with Firaxis, though. Some of their model's topology is atrocious. I may have to completely rebuild the head....

well TY Methuselas..
I never "requested it".. i just noted that as you were doing the lizard, maybe shoggi could ask you to do the 'cats.
well maybe I didn't write it as clear as that but that was the idea.

and btw, your models are super nice, cats and lizards !!!

well TY Methuselas..
I never "requested it".. i just noted that as you were doing the lizard, maybe shoggi could ask you to do the 'cats.
well maybe I didn't write it as clear as that but that was the idea.

and btw, your models are super nice, cats and lizards !!!

I may have, sort of requested it...:mischief:

Here's the final Lion version of the Maogata, both male and female.

And a panther one. The textures are interchangeable between both the male and female models. In other words, a single texture map. I'll include a UV template, if anyone wants to texture them again. I'm not that good of a texture artist. Both models are under 1k polys.

I may do a tiger one as well. I don't know yet. None of these are rigged, but if anyone could tell me which animations the Chanter uses, I'll tie these to those, since I can't make new animations, as I'm using Maya.

I apologize if I offended, I wasn't implying that it was requested from me. What I meant, was someone asked if I could make them, so I made these. Either way, these will probably end up portfolio pieces.

you are SOOOO good with that ^^

I wasn't offended.. I just wanted to make it clear that I didn't request... because I'm not a modder at all and thus i couldn't even make use of your work.

you are SOOOO good with that ^^

I wasn't offended.. I just wanted to make it clear that I didn't request... because I'm not a modder at all and thus i couldn't even make use of your work.

Is Shoggi still working on this mod then? I mean, I am the one who asked Methuselas about making cat versions of his models for the Maogota(at least I think I am:crazyeye:), and this was where I got the idea that Shoggi was still looking for unit models:

Well, the maogata are sort of put on the backburner, until A) RifE gets to it's next big version, which may be a while and B) i manage to find/make a decent number of unit models.

I'm not offended, Calavente just said he wasn't offended, so I think you don't have to worry about anything there.:goodjob: The models are looking even better than before; though I agree the female version does have less-than-optimal boobage...:mischief::)joke:)

uhh!! these are great! and exactly what I was looking for!! can you please upload the graphics? :worship::worship::worship:

The models are useless, without a skeleton to bind them to. ;) Sadly, I've had some major difficulties with Maya's nif tools. I may have to just break down and get 3D Max again..... :rolleyes:

Now, if one of you wants to bind these in 3DMax and export them to save me some trouble..... :mischief:

Top Bottom