MOO2 Unification Repulsive stories

Game 5 conclusion....I finished off the Coids in the upper right corner on T 246 and I was feeling good but then the Cats attacked me up there and I couldn't do much about it. Even with the +75 computer and Battle Scanner my SB's couldn't do much damage to their ships with high crew levels and +100 computer. They'd shoot down my missiles and my BB's weren't tough enough to hang around to fire a 2nd salvo. Even planets with a fighter garrison (stolen) and ground batteries (researched as I was desperate) couldn't defend.

Fortunately my empire was large and spread out from conquests. How to slow down the Cats while I make many ships? Warp interdictor! OMG turn 262 and now the Sakkra have DOWed me :sad:. This isn't too bad as I can kill some of their ships, but lose a couple of planets.

I felt that I had one main hope and that was Orion and Locknar's OP ship. On T 281 I arrive there with 10 BB's mostly with Heavy Graviton Beams and I ripped the Guardian up, losing 2 BB. Along with Death Ray, I got Quant. Det, Particle Beams, and X-armor. Phasor Rifles was my bonus tech.

Whew I now see Cat fleets heading for home. I think they plan to attack someone else now. They won't agree to peace yet but did so about 10 turns later and never bothered me again.

Now it was time to butcher some Lizards and they had just about every planet in the lower right quarter. As they got chewed up I stole all sorts of techs with my troops.
They surrendered to the Tri's on turn 309 and I didn't stop taking their planets and just as I took the last former Sak planet on turn 315, the vote came up and the added pop from captures gave me just enough to win.

Things will get much harder now and more random and now I really expect to lose some games.

Next race. UniRepUncreative

Game 6 and I call this race UniRepDumb. Uncreative has not treated me well.

Nothing to aid research until supercomps (but at least I have that). Nothing to add to production until deep core mines. No fuel cells til Thorium will mean that I need extended fuel cells and many outposts.

I spawned in just a bit more than half way from the center to the upper left corner.

With some outposts I'll be able to reach the stars behind me into the corner. Hopefully, no one else is back there as if they are I must kill them quickly and it will have to be done with Nukes.

No lab or factory to build so I think I'll colonize my one new planet straight away after selling my barracks.

Huh, you was building colonybase with uni after reslab? This race is good enough to do it outright. Also there is no point to sell barracks in such games, unless you're planning to peacefully develop ~100 turns, as if you will rebuild it pre T90 - you will lose production on it.

Huh, you was building colonybase with uni after reslab? This race is good enough to do it outright. Also there is no point to sell barracks in such games, unless you're planning to peacefully develop ~100 turns, as if you will rebuild it pre T90 - you will lose production on it.

Yeah, I was building lab and then factory and then my CB. I should've tested this as I knew it was a close decision with 14 pp after pollution on my starting planet.

You're right, in those games when I knew I'd fighter blitz, I should've kept the barracks.

But this game, I plan to work my way into the corner and hopefully build up, rather than attacking quickly as I don't have fighters. Perhaps this is a big mistake.

EDIT: OK I did do a test build up for the basic UniRep race I was playing and indeed I was better off colonizing ASAP and then going for labs/factories. Both methods resulted in a turn 65 CS, but I had more population and saved production by colonizing first. However, my colony was rich and that helps since housing on a rich planet as Uni is quite effective while you research towards labs. Then it is also easy to save PP and build that lab etc.

Top Bottom