More Barbarian XP

More Barbarian XP 1.0

thecrazyscot

Spiffy
thecrazyscot submitted a new resource:

More Barbarian XP - Increases the cap on XP gained from Barbarians.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This mod increases the soft cap on XP gained from Barbarians from 1 to 2 after the first promotion, and permits units to earn an additional promotion level before no longer gaining XP from Barbarians (3 instead of 2).

These values can be easily customized in the annotated TCS_More_Barbarian_XP.xml file located in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\TCS More Barbarian XP.

Installation
To install extract the contents of the zip file to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Read more about this resource...

Hey man! Just a heads up, your mod is described and featured alongside 8 Ages of Pace and YnAMP in a new YT series I started today. Thought you'd enjoy knowing!

The mod is essential, in my opinion. I'd wager the cap on Barb XP is likely to be tweaked in vanilla going forward. Cheers for being ahead of the curve.

-H

Last edited:
Thank you for making this! Having to deal with the barbs the entire game and getting nothing out of it was a little silly.

Good mod. One question: any way to increase the Barbarian spawn rate, or encampment spawn rate numbers or anything like that? Run into way too few and late which seems the AI has already dealt with. May be a personal preference/shortcoming but haven't seen such a mod yet. Possible or is this a map generation thing specific?

Also underwhelming playing as Germany early-game and hoping to run into many Barbs to roleplay a sort of conquering/uniting of the tribes, but only run into other civs/city states. Would be nice to have a 2x/5x/10x Barbarian rate, as well a spawning of Barb encampments in random spots on the map (even close to your cities, and mid-late game) to play out such scenarios :)

Good mod. One question: any way to increase the Barbarian spawn rate, or encampment spawn rate numbers or anything like that? Run into way too few and late which seems the AI has already dealt with. May be a personal preference/shortcoming but haven't seen such a mod yet. Possible or is this a map generation thing specific?

Also underwhelming playing as Germany early-game and hoping to run into many Barbs to roleplay a sort of conquering/uniting of the tribes, but only run into other civs/city states. Would be nice to have a 2x/5x/10x Barbarian rate, as well a spawning of Barb encampments in random spots on the map (even close to your cities, and mid-late game) to play out such scenarios :)

+1 for this!

I would like to chime in that I think your mod is essential. I think with the changes to how Barbarians work, its so much nicer to get exp from the little bastards as they show up in droves. This is on my 'must have' mod list.

Minor nitpick: the download doesn't include a folder; the modinfo and xml files are just sitting loosely in the zip file.

Overall though, a fantastic and much needed mod!

Did u ever increase the barbarian spawn rate because my game is unplayable with barbs because a horseman or horse archer spawns every turn and are impossible to deal with?

Top Bottom