More Earth Map Mod (CivDOS) v1.5

Blake00

CFC Mod Archivist & Social Media Helper
Supporter
I'm not the author but I wanted to give this cool mod a presence at CFC since it was posted on another site Civ1 fans may not visit. I've also placed a copy of it here at CFC:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/more-earth-map-mod-civdos.29321/

About:
An enhanced Earth map mod with corrected starting locations and multiple new Civs (Australia, Incas, Mali) by Gejmr.

If you wish to play this modded Earth in CivWin you will need to start a Earth game in the modded CivDOS, then save your game, then load the savegame into MountainMn10's CivCracker and save in CivWin save format. Successfully tested mod in CivDOS & a converted save CivWin. Recommend CivWin users try the converted save with Honza's CivWin DOS graphics mod and Blake's CivWin Soundtrack Overhaul mod.

Scenario discussions, comments, bug reports, feedback can be found here:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/more-earth-mod

File collected as part of Blake's lost scenario/mod files restoration & cataloging project which can be found here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civ1-scenario-mod-preservation-project-log.672488/

Authors notes and rules:
The More Earth mod for Civilization I (ver. 474.04) presents slightly enhanced Earth map with corrected starting locations to provide player with more plausible gameplay dynamics with all 7 civs on the hardest difficulty level ie. emperor. A lot more of jungle every there and there. Aztecs modded into Incas, Zulus into Mali and England into the glorious island of Australia (with a starting surfer settler). Tested also on Android using free version of "Magic DosBox", which is after some painful initial setup of on-screen keys definitely worth it. To install the mod just rewrite corresponding files in your game directory. Feedback will be appreciated.

version 1.5 to install, just replace corresponding files within your game directory tested on version 474.04 (CD) only

Screenshots:
Australia start in CivDOS

Australia start in a converted CivWin save with Honza's DOS graphics mod

Australia start in a converted CivWin save with vanilla graphics

I am... wringing my sweater looking for a modding/editing program that can edit basic terrain yields.. and maybe also special-resource-tile yielding (like, make oasis' have 5 shields and 10 food for basic) or stuff like how much shields a mine would add to a hill... like 8 instead of 3 or whatever. ive been digging around all day and all the programs that (seem?) to have this feature won't run on my windows 7 home 64bit. I did get Jcived to work for civdos(thats what I have, civdos) but that program, dispite it's beauty, doesn't seem to have a yield/terrain resources editor in it either. :( extra cold tired and sad. so.. where do I go? I already have my own custom little map with custom edited unit attacks/defenses etc, just to fart around on my own map/mod. I love modding and haxoring games(mildly anyway. im no programmer, just have experience with hex editing old dos games and stuff. I even managed to find the land-value-hex alterations for snes simcity(rom) but anyway... where can I go? I think I tried just about every download program for civdos on here and all of em seem to want 32 bit? 16? *shrug*

Firstly welcome to the forums! :)

Hmm yeah sorry mate I've never tried to do that before so I don't know. I would have suggested JCivEd but you've already tried that.

Other than my recent posts this sub forum is pretty dead so it's probably better to ask in the main Civ1 forum. I've made a thread here for ya so hopefully someone will have some more info! Very cool that you successfully did it in the SNES version though. You should post a guide on how to do that sometime as I doubt anyone else has.

I am... wringing my sweater looking for a modding/editing program that can edit basic terrain yields.. and maybe also special-resource-tile yielding (like, make oasis' have 5 shields and 10 food for basic) or stuff like how much shields a mine would add to a hill... like 8 instead of 3 or whatever. ive been digging around all day and all the programs that (seem?) to have this feature won't run on my windows 7 home 64bit. I did get Jcived to work for civdos(thats what I have, civdos) but that program, dispite it's beauty, doesn't seem to have a yield/terrain resources editor in it either. :( extra cold tired and sad. so.. where do I go? I already have my own custom little map with custom edited unit attacks/defenses etc, just to fart around on my own map/mod. I love modding and haxoring games(mildly anyway. im no programmer, just have experience with hex editing old dos games and stuff. I even managed to find the land-value-hex alterations for snes simcity(rom) but anyway... where can I go? I think I tried just about every download program for civdos on here and all of em seem to want 32 bit? 16? *shrug*
i would guess that kind of information is not editable in SAV files. instead you need to mod the game itself. maybe someone will be willing to help you finding exact locations.

Top Bottom