• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

MP Game - RewriteHistory - 18civ EARTH map historical start position

Patch fails (I think it can't find my install directory). Wants me to reinstall. BTS disk says I don't have vanilla installed, wants me to reinstall that. Haven't seen my Vanilla disk in years.

Trying to figure out what registry keys I need to add by hand. Failing that, i'm.. uh.. doing something I can't discuss here, but the ETA is a week, assuming its even genuine.

So if someone can export their registry info for civ, or point me to a thread...

It doesn't ask for a directory. Just says "reinstall BTS" BTS disk says "Reinstall vanilla".

However I fixed it. I backed up my system, restored one from months ago (before I installed win7), patched civ, backed up the civ directory, restored win7, restored the new patched civ directory.

PITA, but done.

So from what I can tell from this thread, not everyone has patched yet, including me.

I guess I I need to do a dual install, because I fully intend to play the BOTM's in version 3.17.
I also have a bunch of other stuff going in V3.17....

What really needs to happen, IMO, is we need a consensus on which version everyone wants to finish with.

That means we need to hear from, in order listed on civstats...

gitbliss(Ismoke)
IanDC
ClassicalHero
Mazinho
Levgree
Hercules
Me.....
Elkad
Zeitkugel

I have a dual install, so I can play either way. It seems to make more sense to just finish up the game under 3.17, but if that is a problem for some people, patching is fine too.

I thought it was obvious that Indiansmoke will have to play 3.19, so since he needs to, everyone should. I have dual installed so I can play either, but since he can only play one version, we should go with that one.

That's us all patched. I guess that's a clear signal to go with 3.19 as while most of us have dual install, not everyone can go back to 3.17.

Game is up under Version 3.19....

Mazinho needs to replay his turn, (sorry).

About 8.5 hours on the timer...lets use the pause function to get past this turn if at all possible.

Sorry for the delay...just didn't have the time to devote to patching multiple systems until now.

Unfortunately I can't play the turn because the game is paused and I am in the diplomacy screen.

Top Bottom