Mp?

Willburn

Warlord
I didnt see this in the faq but will there ever be a multiplayer version of rhye's ? I can see it as beeing amazing in mp...

You're not the first one who has proposed that buddy, there are many reasons not to make this mod available for MP, but I think there is one reason which is the most important of all...
The fact that not all civs start at once makes it virtually impossible to make it playable for more than... what? 4 players?

And thats a problem ? Just make spesific scenarios for say ancient , modern etc. (so you can only select civs that will run at the start of the scenario)

this wouldnt create much extra work either.

It would. You'd have to rework the entire game system for each specific age.

"You'd have to rework the entire game system for each specific age"

Why?

Ancient start your only able to take control of ancient civs. Game continues until your all dead or someone won a historical victory. Winner is guy with highest score or history victory.

Repeat for all different ages just make sure you can only play the civs of that age.

Remove take over civ options.

Voila mp rhye's.

Just wanted to add that mp rhye isnt untroublesome and it proably requires work. I probably came off a bit arrogant in the last post. But my point is that its possible and that one should be optimistic :)

Yeah sure, there already is a multiplayer version. Just take the world map he made way back when and there you go.

Seriously, if you take out the dynamic rise and fall system, all you have is a couple of mod comps on a world map. Oh, and the ai that settles historically accurate places, but you could just preplace and not have to worry about it.

what about making it multiplayer but keeping the system, if ya play with friends and agree on who has which civs ya could just phone them when thier civ spawns...

Top Bottom