MPMPM - Multiplayer Mod DLC-hack (Updated!)

is the civilization 4 modpack compatible with the mpmpm modpack because it doesn't seem to work even when i follow the instructions correctly.
Civ 4 and Civ 5 are two completely different games, so mods, modpacks, instructions etc. for one won't work for the other, simple as that.

Believe it or not, having finally found the root issue, that is almost the right thing to do, and will work fine in your case. Looking into it, MpMaker dll copies the base BNW version of CityView.lua into MPMP, then adds specific lines to the end of the file based on which mods have lua files they need to add the CityView. The lines look like:

Code:
ContextPtr:LoadNewContext("InfoAddictInit")

(although this line is from InGame.lua instead)

It looks like the current version of the MPMaker doesn't expect any mods to override CityView.lua...nor does it expect another dlc such as the EUI dlc to override it.

However, in your case, you have no mods that need to load in CityView, so just deleting it is fine. Otherwise, the fix would be to copy the CityView.lua from EUI and then copy the necessary lines at the bottom from the MPMP version.

So, you're fine. Will need to be addressed in the next set of MPMP updates though.
Thank you both so much, this helped fix my issue over 8 years later lol

Has anyone had any luck turning IGE for Linux into a DLC? When I attempt to do it on a Windows machine, IGE (unsurprisingly) does not load correctly when I enable it in Mods. I'm wondering if that is causing it not to export correctly when I use CreateMP()?

Edit:
In case anyone runs into this problem in the future, I did manage to solve it. The issue was not actually Windows compiling the DLC, but that I was using the wrong IGE for Linux mod. For some reason, the one in the workshop does not work (and hadn't worked for me, but I had forgotten). I had to use this GitHub fork (https://github.com/boekkooi/CIV5_IGE_LINUX) instead. I downloaded it, unzipped it, and copied the mod folder over to my Windows machine. Ran the MPMPM steps as usual and moved the DLC package back to my Linux computer. Mods are now present in non-mod menu games!

Last edited:
Hey,
Is there anyone who can help me with creating my own mod pack ?
Last year I made one, but this time I have 2 mods that don`t seem to work ( quick turns and convenient start). After spending the whole day I don`t know what might be the issue.

Hi ,

I've been trying to make my own modpack (vox populi) but i seem to run into an error and i cannot fix it.

Runtime Error: _cmdr = {CreateMp()}:1: attempt to call global 'CreateMp' (a nil value)

I have tried the solutions for the dll and removing <File md5="{Your md5 will vary}" import="0">CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll</File>'
Also i do find the mpmp in fireturner2
any help would be appreciated!

Top Bottom