MPMPM - Multiplayer Mod DLC-hack (Updated!)

Has anyone had any luck turning IGE for Linux into a DLC? When I attempt to do it on a Windows machine, IGE (unsurprisingly) does not load correctly when I enable it in Mods. I'm wondering if that is causing it not to export correctly when I use CreateMP()?

Edit:
In case anyone runs into this problem in the future, I did manage to solve it. The issue was not actually Windows compiling the DLC, but that I was using the wrong IGE for Linux mod. For some reason, the one in the workshop does not work (and hadn't worked for me, but I had forgotten). I had to use this GitHub fork (https://github.com/boekkooi/CIV5_IGE_LINUX) instead. I downloaded it, unzipped it, and copied the mod folder over to my Windows machine. Ran the MPMPM steps as usual and moved the DLC package back to my Linux computer. Mods are now present in non-mod menu games!

Last edited:
Hey,
Is there anyone who can help me with creating my own mod pack ?
Last year I made one, but this time I have 2 mods that don`t seem to work ( quick turns and convenient start). After spending the whole day I don`t know what might be the issue.

Hi ,

I've been trying to make my own modpack (vox populi) but i seem to run into an error and i cannot fix it.

Runtime Error: _cmdr = {CreateMp()}:1: attempt to call global 'CreateMp' (a nil value)

I have tried the solutions for the dll and removing <File md5="{Your md5 will vary}" import="0">CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll</File>'
Also i do find the mpmp in fireturner2
any help would be appreciated!

Hey, I'm trying to get this Official Middle Earth Civilizations Collection by yenyang to work using this tool. Found here https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=287709535 or you can search it on steam workshop.

I've gotten pretty far along without any errors and gotten the game to run with the MP_MODSPACK. The civilizations are working, the soundtracks, and I'm assuming the city states and barbarians are working too. But I'm guessing there is a bit of an issue with the True Start Location mod, which is also what adds the middle earth map. So, when I go to create a singleplayer game one of the maps shows and I can create and play a game with that map, but if I go into advanced settings all of the added advanced settings for the map don't show and neither of the two maps from the mod show on the map list. Also, if I try to create a multiplayer game, it seems like the civs still work, but again I can't find the map to select it for the game.

Not sure really what to do with this because it doesn't seem like any of the common issues listed in the original post. If I don't get any responses/solution in the next few weeks I may just create a new MP_MODSPACK with a different middle earth map that I like and give up on the true start locations for the civs and city states. Any help appreciated!

Per the workshop page:
This mod would not be possible without Gedemon and FramedArchitecture giving me permission to use elements of their mods Yet (not) another Earth Maps Pack and Accurate Maps.
This mod combines the features of Yet (not) another Earth Maps Pack and Accurate Maps to provide non-scenario maps with True Start Locations for both Middle Earth Civilizations & Middle Earth City States, semi-random resource placement, and cities that are named by location rather than city list order.

This makes me wonder if anyone has had any issues with Yet (not) another Earth Maps Pack or Accurate Maps working with this multiplayer solution and if so I may be able to use the same trick.

I've made a ModPack for the Mods: Middle Earth Civs, City-States, Barbarians, Soundtrack and Only(Middle Earth Only is the mod that disables the Firaxis Civilizations so you can play with only the mods one) that is the first compacted folder, the second one doesn't have the Middle Earth Only mod(It is the compacted file with the title modpack_without_Middle_Earth_Only_mod, the MP_MODSPACK folder is the only thing inside of this second one)
Were you able to get the map and true start location to work in multiplayer? If so, could you post the modpack you made. Thanks!

Top Bottom