MPMPM - Multiplayer Mod DLC-hack (Updated!)

Hello,

i try to input a CIV-mod in your "fake DLC" (/assets/DLC/MODS) but i can't find this civilization in your MOD-Multiplayer menu. Why?

Your mode give a chance to include "new civilization-mods" right?

Please help me, because my head is banging by searching for the solution :crazyeye::goodjob:

thank you!

One-stop post for the Wish For The World-centric modpack development, for simplicity's sake.

Update logs/download links: at the Google Doc

Version 7 (Wish v17/DVMC v63 stable) contents:
- Madoka Magica - Wish For The World v17
- DLL - Various Mod Components v63
- Hatsune Miku v6
- Nanoha v5
- Recettear v3
- 3rd Street Saints v4
- Fate/Zero - Arturia v8, Gilgamesh v6, Iskander v6, Diarmuid v4
- Touhou (Graan/Huitzil) - Remilia v5, Eirin v3, Cirno v9, Utsuho v5, Yuuka v1
- Touhou Civ Pack DEV v3
- Fire Emblem - Beorc Civpack v2
- Great Admiral Aquaculture v1
- New Beliefs v"1" (rev.Aug16)
- Scorchers v2
- Resource Buildings v1 (rev.Sep17)
- Truly Free Great People v1
- Mercenary Army Expanded v1
- Social Policy Rebalance v6

Version 7 Revision 0 (Wish v17/DVMC v63 stable, E&D v1 unstable) contents:
- Madoka Magica - Wish For The World v17
- DLL - Various Mod Components v63
- Hatsune Miku v6
- Nanoha v5
- Fate/Zero - Arturia v8, Gilgamesh v6, Iskander v6, Diarmuid v4
- 3rd Street Saints v4
- Great Admiral Aquaculture v1
- New Beliefs v"1" (rev.Aug16)
- Scorchers v2
- Resource Buildings v1 (rev.Sep17)
- Truly Free Great People v1
- Mercenary Army Expanded v1
- Events And Decisions v1 (rev.Sep24)
- Social Policy Rebalance v6

NOTE: v7r0 is basically an Events And Decisions stress-test beta, and intended for anyone who wishes to pester Sukritact about multiplayer support. Please use v7 for stable SP/MP play. Expect random CTDs from Events And Decisions if you decide to use v7r0, and comment either here or in Sukritact's thread if they fall outside known issues with that mod.

Planned for Future Addition:
- Touhou: Most of BouncyMischa's Touhous will be given their own major-version update. Mamizou needs Vice's new mission button handler for DVMC. The PC-98s are too broken for immediate consideration, but depending on how/when Mima turns out...
- Super High-School Level Content: An entire update will be dedicated to your sick adolescent passions, with Honnouji Academy, the Hope's Peak Academy wonder, the Neptune civs...maybe also that Hidamari one too. And Prism Ilya, because me caring about time paradoxes is not a serious thing.
- Modularity: The committee is recommending what could amount to another 150-200MB of content, and I can't be constantly recompiling old content to integrate the new. Hoping Cicero's request for the source code from Gedemon is granted so I can start doling out and updating the modspack in thematic sub-packs.

Hi created this account to say I have run into a problem since the 15 Dec update to the SDK/Civ V.

I used to be able to make packs just fine but now when I go to the drop down box to select the MPMP_Maker from the list in firetuner it isn't there. I have used both version 1 and 2 of the MPMP maker so it isn't the newest MPMP maker doing it.

Also want to say thanks to both you and Gedemon, me and my friends have been enjoying modded multiplayer.

Hello,

i try to input a CIV-mod in your "fake DLC" (/assets/DLC/MODS) but i can't find this civilization in your MOD-Multiplayer menu. Why?

Your mode give a chance to include "new civilization-mods" right?

Please help me, because my head is banging by searching for the solution :crazyeye::goodjob:

thank you!

You can't add more mods after the modpack is made. It must be made as per the directions in the OP.

Hi created this account to say I have run into a problem since the 15 Dec update to the SDK/Civ V.

I used to be able to make packs just fine but now when I go to the drop down box to select the MPMP_Maker from the list in firetuner it isn't there. I have used both version 1 and 2 of the MPMP maker so it isn't the newest MPMP maker doing it.

Also want to say thanks to both you and Gedemon, me and my friends have been enjoying modded multiplayer.
There might have been a change to the DLL, which means we will have to recompile it after looking for any changes.

You can't add more mods after the modpack is made. It must be made as per the directions in the OP.

There might have been a change to the DLL, which means we will have to recompile it after looking for any changes.

I have been unable to replicate this effect. I know both civ 5 and the SDK have updated for me, but the MPMPMaker list in firetuner shows up fine. Are you trying to include a dll mod? All other dls have to be temporarily removed so as not to conflict with the MPMP dll.

I have been unable to replicate this effect. I know both civ 5 and the SDK have updated for me, but the MPMPMaker list in firetuner shows up fine. Are you trying to include a dll mod? All other dls have to be temporarily removed so as not to conflict with the MPMP dll.

I figured it out it was an old version of JFD's Holy Roman Empire, doesn't have a dll in it but was misbehaving so I deleted it and installed it again and it works fine now.

I take no credit for creating any of this, I merely followed the step by step guide in the first post of this thread, so I can play all these new civs in MP with my friends. As a token of my gratitude to Gedemon and cicero225, I decided to upload it here for everyone to use. :)

To be able to use this, one should have BOTH the expansions!

Included civs/leaders are:

DOWNLOAD

Merry christmas everyone! :cool:

EDIT: JFD's The Empire of Germany (Hitler) (v 9) has some glitching icons, but these glitches are present in the original file too, as confirmed in the steam comments.

I take no credit for creating any of this, I merely followed the step by step guide in the first post of this thread, so I can play all these new civs in MP with my friends. As a token of my gratitude to Gedemon and cicero225, I decided to upload it here for everyone to use. :)

DOWNLOAD

EDIT: JFD's The Empire of Germany (Hitler) (v 9) has some glitching icons, but these glitches are present in the original file too, as confirmed in the steam comments.

Oh hey, cool. Linked in first post. :)

DOWNLOAD

Isn't working for me, causes crash on startup.

Isn't working for me, causes crash on startup.

This is hard to diagnose if it works for others. Sorry if it seems like I'm treating you a newb, but:

1. Do you have G&K and BNW?
2. Do you have the folder properly in ..\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK? You can only have one of these folders.

If the answer is yes, then, it would be really helpful to see the log file.

First enable Logging:
1. Ensure you have civ 5 logging turned on in the config.ini file in your "..\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5" folder.

Then start the game, allow it to crash, and give me the contents of ..\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs\Database.log . Nearly all startup crashes are due to problems with the database, so hopefully this will clue us in.

Apparently, as of most recent patch, Custom Music no longer works in multiplayer (yet still works in singleplayer with DLC pack). I don't have the time to debug this now, but...

Hi there,

I have followed the instructions correctly, and the mod pack is there, but when I go to make a game, the game crashes for single player, and i cannot load muliplayer, hitting the button does nothing.

anyone know how to solve this?

Regards

dcoltGaming :)

Hi there,

I have followed the instructions correctly, and the mod pack is there, but when I go to make a game, the game crashes for single player, and i cannot load muliplayer, hitting the button does nothing.

anyone know how to solve this?

Regards

dcoltGaming :)

We will need more information before we can help. What mods are in the modpack, were there any errors when you made the modpack, did you get any logs from the crash? A copy of your modpack would also help.

First time posting but I've been following this for a long time. A great, great thanks to everyone who has worked on this.

Quick question, can someone please confirm that Alrek's Five-star Compilation is uploaded correctly. For some reason, it does not want to load. When I checked the MP_MODSPACK folder, it only had one folder in the "Mods" folder when it seems like it should have many, many more.

Got the file from this post:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13444279&postcount=24

Apparently, as of most recent patch, Custom Music no longer works in multiplayer (yet still works in singleplayer with DLC pack). I don't have the time to debug this now, but...

I have no idea why, but after I took a vacation and came back, custom music seems to work again. Crisis averted?

EDIT: Hmm. So on further testing, packs I make not involving touhou civs have music that works, but attempts to use any of the touhou civs immediately breaks the music. It's really weird. For Huitzul's civs, I've had them working in the past, and they don't work now that he's updated them. Something about they way they all do their music is breaking the music...but I don't know how. I'll have to look into it more.

EDIT2: Oh, and updated modspack maker to include gender tags for leaders in the text.

First time posting but I've been following this for a long time. A great, great thanks to everyone who has worked on this.

Quick question, can someone please confirm that Alrek's Five-star Compilation is uploaded correctly. For some reason, it does not want to load. When I checked the MP_MODSPACK folder, it only had one folder in the "Mods" folder when it seems like it should have many, many more.

Got the file from this post:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13444279&postcount=24

Personally, I can't even get the site to download anything. Do you mind uploading a new version? I can change the link in the first post.

So I was trying out your anime pack, and there are no luxury resources on the map. I looked through all the folders, completely confused as to what's causing that to happen. Same thing is happening to my friend, both when we play Multiplayer and singleplayer.

Top Bottom