MTDG3 Warmup Game 2 (w/Double Turn mod)

I'm WINNING! Woooooo!:cool::goodjob::king::lol::p

Lol! That wouldn't be much of a test run :lol:

also inky13112....

Caledorn, did you check the auditing page? you can see the logins and logouts

Yeah, it looks very good! You've done a great job with this mod based on what I can see so far. :goodjob:

Just FYI though, if I press F5 to refresh the page, it turns into all spanish. Are you using a session variable to control the shown language?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Interesting Leader/Civ picks the random generator did btw ... Someone might be crying :lol:

I don't know the good & bad of the various Leader/Civ combos to know whether I even have a good one or not....or who might be crying. So....who's the one who might be crying? It's not me, is it? At first glance, I think I'm happy enough with what I got. :crazyeye:

I was getting a CTD after putting my password in and realized it was because the mod was allowing other custom assets through. (I have BUG and Blue Marble installed in my custom assets folder rather than as a partitioned-off mod.) I changed "NoCustomAssets = 0" to 1 in WebMod1_0.ini (in the mod's root folder) and it works now. (Though I don't get Blue Marble terrain. :( I had forgotten how... erm... stylized the original art was. :lol: )

What civ/leader did we get, Dave? :)

About the logins logs as civstats, theres is on, but its only accecible for the admin. This is to avoid, as civstats does, to guess hows hows getting its login hours. Also to avoid getting info of who exchanges techs with whom...
I will try to write something for help you
Hang on. The admin sees the Civstats-style info, which other players can't? Isn't this a problem for the MTDG, if the host (Caledorn) is an admin but also a member of a team?

What other information does the admin see that others cannot? This seems to be a serious issue.

Connected and played my turn with no trouble once we figured out the problem. Before that was getting the connection failed messages.

So no troubles on my end, ready to start when y'all are. :p

Hang on. The admin sees the Civstats-style info, which other players can't? Isn't this a problem for the MTDG, if the host (Caledorn) is an admin but also a member of a team?

What other information does the admin see that others cannot? This seems to be a serious issue.

For this warmup, we have both the mod and civstats running. That handles the lack of information aspect.

Can the admin for the game in the website be different than the host? If yes, then we can address part of the admin concern via having the game admin handle the website part.

There are fundamental risks anytime the host is playing. I won't go into any detail here, but it goes almost without saying that the host must be universally trusted.

in the admin panel, at the "admin options" tab theres a "change turn time" botton. That will add or subtract the time you set for this turn

I am able to add time to the turn timer (I just tested it). I typed in 1 and then click the "Change Turn Time" button. It appears to have added 2 hours though, but I may have clicked twice. The timer went from 62:xx:xx to 63:xx:xx .. and then to 64:xx:xx a minute after that again.

But I can't figure out how to subtract time from the timer. I wanted to remove 50 hours from the timer, as I've adjusted the turn timer of the PB client to 11 hours - and wanted the current turn also to be adjusted down to 11 hours. However, when I typed in -50 (and -1, and 1-) I was told it was an invalid number..

For this warmup, we have both the mod and civstats running. That handles the lack of information aspect.

Can the admin for the game in the website be different than the host? If yes, then we can address part of the admin concern via having the game admin handle the website part.

There are fundamental risks anytime the host is playing. I won't go into any detail here, but it goes almost without saying that the host must be universally trusted.

As the host I do not need to be the admin of the aptmod.com webinterface. I just need to tell the admin the information he needs, and that's it.

The trust issue is of course a concern. I have offered to be left out of the game if that is necessary - but I sincerely hope the community will give me the chance to be trusted to not tarnish my own or CFC's reputation by abusing the role as host. :) :please:

r_rolo should be the admin on the aptmod-side.

For information though, I see less info on the aptmod page than I see on the civstats page:

[pre]
TurnLeaderAccess dateIn or Out
1Filon06/17/12 08:43 AMEnd turn
1Filon06/17/12 08:43 AMOffline
1Filon06/17/12 08:42 AMOffline
1Azza06/17/12 08:36 AMOffline
1Azza06/17/12 08:36 AMEnd turn
1Azza06/17/12 08:34 AMOnline[/pre]

In regards to what the admin can or cannot see: Could someone please send a test private chat message to another player in the game, and also a public chat message?

The auditing panel is still partially in spanish, so I am not entirely sure what the first tab there is (It says "messages"). If it shows private chat messages, then the admin panel is definitely off limits for a participating player.

Edit: State here that a private ingame message has been sent please, and also what was written in the message for good measure so I can compare with the information I can see. And for some bizarre reason I just had a major deja vú when I typed this... :dubious:

Top Bottom