MTDG3 Warmup Game 2 (w/Double Turn mod)

Grr, it shows a mod loaded even if it doesn't find what it expects in the mod's folder. :wallbash:
Of course ... Vanilla Civ / BtS does that too.
I was getting a CTD after putting my password in and realized it was because the mod was allowing other custom assets through. (I have BUG and Blue Marble installed in my custom assets folder rather than as a partitioned-off mod.) I changed "NoCustomAssets = 0" to 1 in WebMod1_0.ini (in the mod's root folder) and it works now. (Though I don't get Blue Marble terrain. :( I had forgotten how... erm... stylized the original art was. :lol: )
Sounds like someone needs a little utility that has the ability to quickly swap custom asset folders around. It would be great if someone had already written such a utility, wouldn't it. If you had such a utility up and running, you could have your typical BMarble and BUG in one version of the custom assets and BMarble by itself in another - then just flip and flop between the two with one or two mouse clicks. It would be even better if you could set up different themes (HUD colors) so that you could tell at a glance which custom asset folder was active ... oh oh, and also the ability to swap a screenshot folder back and forth would be even better.

Has anyone written such a beautiful utility?
Spoiler :
OK, I have - sorry for the over the top promotion :D

LOL, ruff! :goodjob: :lol:

Such a utility sounds like a great idea, ruff. One can only hope some genius comes along and writes it someday. :dunno: If you ever hear of such a thing, be sure and tell me, I wouldn't want to miss it.

BTW, on both turns now I've gotten a pause upon "Finishing..." with a full green status bar, followed by an eventual "We have been disconnected from the Pitboss" error. Then after that the next attempt works fine. Chalked it up to random chance on the first turn, but this is starting to look like a pattern.

Caledorn: thats right, auditory tool panel its complety out of players range .. thats the full idea, someone that can check if customs rules are been correctly played... If you dont trust your admin game.... in whom do you will trust? the hoster of the game had access to the pitboss and for example he can replay if somethings goes bad in his game! so... Or you trust your admin/hoster or you will need another admin, yeap?

Acttualy.. I as admin of the hosting had access to the database where aptmod is hosted... at least I will not play thos warmup game

Caledorn: thats right, auditory tool panel its complety out of players range .. thats the full idea, someone that can check if customs rules are been correctly played... If you dont trust your admin game.... in whom do you will trust? the hoster of the game had access to the pitboss and for example he can replay if somethings goes bad in his game! so... Or you trust your admin/hoster or you will need another admin, yeap?

Acttualy.. I as admin of the hosting had access to the database where aptmod is hosted... at least I will not play thos warmup game

Yeah, that is why the game admin needs to be the one who is responsible for the aptmod-webpage and not me. Since I am hosting the game and also participating on Team CFC.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

thats as you wish.. in out pitboss games at the spanish forum we had our admin Astro thats also plays the game...
If you do not feel confortable been the admin, I can remove from the admin list of this game. Or you can bee tha admin just to learn and see whats admins game can really do and see from the game.

actually... the hoster of the game can enter any players civ with the admin-game password. if you do not trusth your hoster... you dont trusth anyone :D

thats as you wish.. in out pitboss games at the spanish forum we had our admin Astro thats also plays the game...
If you do not feel confortable been the admin, I can remove from the admin list of this game. Or you can bee tha admin just to learn and see whats admins game can really do and see from the game.

actually... the hoster of the game can enter any players civ with the admin-game password. if you do not trusth your hoster... you dont trusth anyone :D

For this particular game it is not an issue at all, since I don't play. And even if I did, I don't think anyone would mind. I'm more concerned about the main ISDG - but I hope I have the necessary trust and faith from people that I can participate there. But in the ISDG only r_rolo should be the admin on the aptmod website.

I agree with you on the trust issue - even though there have been incidents in the past where people have abused the trust, it is vital that the admin and the host are trusted. :)

Can you please post the admin login/password so we all can see what the admin options are?

Manolo/Magno: Could you create a dummy account that can be added as admin and post the username and password for it here? I'd rather not give away my password (Yes, I can change it temporarily for this purpose, but easier if we have a dedicated account for the purpose of seeing the admin panel in my opinion) :)

Manolo/Magno: Could you create a dummy account that can be added as admin and post the username and password for it here? I'd rather not give away my password (Yes, I can change it temporarily for this purpose, but easier if we have a dedicated account for the purpose of seeing the admin panel in my opinion) :)

yes, I can add GUEST as admin.

Yes,magno can do it, and you too.

A game admin can add another admin to that game

no, he cant. :D I had remove that chance till I make its easier way to do so.

I'm seeing a lot of disconnects during and right after game data is loaded. As in, it takes me 6-8 attempts to connect. Any idea what would be causing that?

Do you still experience that now? It may have been due to heavy usage on my internet connection earlier tonight. Sounds odd that that would cause disconnects though..

I just tried, took 4 attempts. Anything interesting in the network log of the pitboss, assuming you have that enabled?

I have that enabled, but I'm not sure if it actually DOES anything because of the conflict of the ini files when using a mod. Using the altroot directive doesn't entirely work, and I have to modify the main ini file before starting the game. But I have enabled logging in the main ini file, so that next time I restart the PB it will log everything. And I think I should do that now.

There is something interesting in the command prompt:

File transfer error:
Encountered a critical error while transferring the file.

So. I'll restart the PB now.

PitBoss restarted, and all logging should now be enabled.

yes, I can add GUEST as admin.

done. If you login with GUEST/GUEST you will admin of the game. PLEASE! do not change nothing without asking Caledorn or me :D
Theres still some text in spanish I miss translating, I will check that now.

Just tried logging in and had the same disconnection trouble as the previous two times: First time, it paused on "Finishing" with a full green bar for a good 30 seconds. At the end it finally displays my position and everything fine, but with an immediate "We have lost our connection to the pitboss! Exiting to main menu..." error. I then made a second attempt immediately after and everything went fine, no pause and no connection loss error.

But I can't figure out how to subtract time from the timer. I wanted to remove 50 hours from the timer, as I've adjusted the turn timer of the PB client to 11 hours - and wanted the current turn also to be adjusted down to 11 hours. However, when I typed in -50 (and -1, and 1-) I was told it was an invalid number..

fixed! :mischief:

Top Bottom