MTDG3 Warmup Game 2 (w/Double Turn mod)

when DaveShack plays, you wil get a mail. Then you wil had 11hs to play

Does this mean that if the turn timer is 48 hours, the real turntimer during war is 96 hours (two times 48 hours)?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

in the worst situation that both plays in the last minute, yes. Thats is to ensure that both players had the same time to play its part of the turn.

Does this mean that if the turn timer is 48 hours, the real turntimer during war is 96 hours (two times 48 hours)?

That is what it looks like. If you look at Civstats, the timer reset to 12hours exactly when Daveshack ended his turn:

6/20/12 11:07 am A new turn has begun. It is now 3700 BC
6/20/12 12:31 pm DaveShack Finished turn

New turn tomorrow at 12:32 am

The timer would have originally stated that the new turn would have been at 11pm tonight (ie. 12 hours from turn flip). But it reset after DS finished his turn.
(if you couldn't guess, these times are in EST)

yeap! as the mod do not allow to the second player to enter the game till the first player finnish his turn, this ensure that both player will had the same time to play its turn.

in the worst situation that both plays in the last minute, yes. Thats is to ensure that both players had the same time to play its part of the turn.

So I'm curious. What happens if another war starts between two different Civs?
Right now Civ 2 attacks Civ 1. Next turn Civ 1 goes first. Timer resets after Civ 1 ends turn to allow for Civ 2 to have the same amount of play time.

If Civ 4 then attacks Civ 3, does the timer reset again after Civ 3 finishes their turn? So with a 12 hr timer, the turn could theoretically go for 36 hours? I suppose this makes sense and it would probably never come down to that length of time, but I just want to confirm how to mod will handle it.

Also, what happens if say Civ 1 misses the turn and never logs in? Would the timer count down to zero and before it actually does the turn flip, would the mod end the turn for Civ 1 and add another 12 hours to the clock and allow Civ 2 to play the turn without waiting for Civ 1 to log in?

No. Each civ has its oun time. Those civ that are at war its time do not starts till he can play. So, the turn time will be the worst war line of civ to play. Ex
A is in war with B.. an B with C
In other war, D is in war with E...

D will had 24hs, once D finnish, E will had 24hs.
Same with A, 24hs for A, then 24hs for B and then 24 hs for C
if there's a pacific F civ, he will had at least 24hs or as much time as C or E takes to finnsih theirs turns.
If for sameway A,B,C,D and E plays theres turn before 24hs, F will still had 24hs to play his turn.

Spoiler :
:lol: @ Civstats...

Code:
6/20/12 2:19 pm 	DaveShack 	Logged out
6/20/12 2:19 pm 	DaveShack 	Finished turn
6/20/12 2:16 pm 	DaveShack 	Logged in
6/20/12 2:16 pm 	DaveShack 	Logged out
6/20/12 2:16 pm 	DaveShack 	Logged in
6/20/12 2:16 pm 	DaveShack 	Logged out
6/20/12 2:15 pm 	DaveShack 	Logged in
6/20/12 2:15 pm 	DaveShack 	Logged out
6/20/12 2:15 pm 	DaveShack 	Logged out
6/20/12 2:14 pm 	DaveShack 	Logged out
6/20/12 2:14 pm 	DaveShack 	Logged in
6/20/12 2:13 pm 	DaveShack 	Logged in
6/20/12 2:13 pm 	DaveShack 	Logged out
6/20/12 2:13 pm 	DaveShack 	Logged out
6/20/12 2:12 pm 	DaveShack 	Logged out
6/20/12 2:12 pm 	DaveShack 	Logged in
6/20/12 2:11 pm 	DaveShack 	Logged out
6/20/12 2:11 pm 	DaveShack 	Logged in
6/20/12 2:11 pm 	DaveShack 	Logged in
6/20/12 2:10 pm 	DaveShack 	Logged in
Sorry you're having so many issues, Dave. Not sure what the cause might be.
does the mod count these log-in, log-outs as your official (and only) log in?

oh! yes. as many as you want only when you finish the turn the mod will start the turn for the next in the war line and will not let you in till he finnish his oun turn

But try it so you get the idea on this game. DaveShack and IFilon, try to logout before finishing your turn and get back to finnish it

I have a question.

Prewar turn:
I logged in last, so the war must go to the second.

Next turn:
Apt.com showed me the icon of fire, and warned that if I logged in earlier DaveShack, I can not declare war without violating the rule of double turn.

So I have to wait for Dave to finish turn.

But what if Dave just skip his turn? Or turn to finish last-minute timer?
How to start a war?

prewar turn is not part of the mod, so, we are applying our custom rule helped by the aptmod portal. The rule for this case is that you can declare war , without been consider a double turn, if you wait at least for the half of the turn.

but this is a custom rule as the mod do not control the first war turn. So, actually, this could be talked if we want to apply this rule or let a double turn legal for the first turn

OK, I will try that. Right now I'm trying to login after we have both finished turn but still having connection problems.

Caledorn, I'm trying to ping the address to find out latency, and it never replies. Do you have ping disabled?

What is the button "Finish turn" (next to "Update stats")?

you can do 3 things from the webpage that afects the game really.
1. Finish the turn
2. Change city names
3. Change units names

Update stats its just to do not wait til the end of the turn to get all the info. The mod send new info in each turn, but somethings (after a big battel or something like that) you want to get the data updated sooner

Also, you can edit the nick of your rivals to get a more confortable id for that civ.

OK, I will try that. Right now I'm trying to login after we have both finished turn but still having connection problems.

Caledorn, I'm trying to ping the address to find out latency, and it never replies. Do you have ping disabled?

Yes. All ICMP traffic inwards is dropped. If you give me your ip I will allow ping from your ip though :)

Top Bottom