Multiplayer AI

wydon

Chieftain
I was playing two games with my brother.

The first game I got DOW by Askia in the 1800s, he was friendly before this happened and chalked it up to him backstabbing me (plus I took out monte so I assumed all AI wanted me dead)

The second game Bismark DOW on me on friendly in the 1200s. I hadn't taken out a civ and my army was decent. I assumed he backstabbed too, though I had no idea why.

After looking at the diplo chart from the sticky in the strategy section I'm having a hard time figuring out why both bismark and askia dow on me. I also know for a fact that my brother had a weaker army in both instances.

My question: Does the AI diplomacy in multiplayer work differently? Or should I assume these leaders had legitimate reasons to DOW me, even though I don't know why?

There could be several reasons:

If you were the top civ, you tend to get DoWed as you are a threat.
If you were going for similar victory, were a close neighbor, had a relatively weak military, etc these could all be causes as well.

I know ya'll cant help me too much without a save, but I feel like the only way I could of avoided war with Bismark is by having a larger military.

I had:
5x c-bows
4x longsword
2x knight
2x trebs

This was on prince

Top Bottom