1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MultiPlayer General Questions

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Multiplayer' started by Luthor_Saxburg, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

Hello.

I am a newbie regarding Civ 6 but I already have general (and hopefully simple) questions regarding Civ 6 Multiplayer games.

* What kind of Multiplayers game are possible ? Civ IV had about 4 possible ways, I think. Is it possible to play by email, for instance?

* If playing online is it possible to stop and resume on another day?

* Is it easy to find players to play ?

* Can players with different technologies play together (XBox and PC for instance) ?

* Does the PC game have to be played via Steam ?

* Is the process solid to prevent cheating? (Civ III was good in that way, Civ IV not so much)

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  2. Tabarnak

Tabarnak R.I.P.

* What kind of Multiplayers game are possible ? Civ IV had about 4 possible ways, think. Is it possible to play by email, for instance?

There are a few ways but most players do lobby games

* If playing online s it possible to stop and resume on another day?

Yes

* Is it easy to find players to play ?

Yes(lobby games)

* Can players with different technologies play together (XBox and PC for instance) ?

I think not

* Does the PC game have to be played via Steam ?

Yes(for multi at least)

* Is the process solid to prevent cheating? (Civ III was good in that way, Civ IV not so much)

The known cheats are the pantheon exploit and multi districts exploit. Though the multi districts exploit isn't that obvious(havent tried it myself) i didn't see any players using it. You can download the Pantheon exploit fix or join a lobby game with that mod enabled, just in case.

Maybe the latest CPL balanced mod has some fixes included but i'm not sure. It's a popular mod.
    Link

Luthor_Saxburg likes this.