Multiplayer pitboss OOS immediately

feydras

Prince
Running .31 patched to e.

When i start up a pitboss game and connect via Direct IP 'localhost' i can play any civ once but as soon as i log into the second civ (same computer) i get an OOS error. Setup is default + simultaneous turns checked. I did not have the problem when i ran a vanilla BtS game for comparison.

The weird thing is i had an old functioning pitboss start up save that used to (2wks ago) work fine without any early OOS but when i tested it again it generated the OOS same as above. Can't think what could have changed, certainly nothing to do with FfH.

Confusing probably unnecessary details...
This only happens if the first civ founds a city and/or selects the tech to research (haven't isolated to which yet or both). If i just log into the first civ, move a few units and end turn then the log into the second civ works fine but the same problem happens if i found city and select tech for the second civ when i boot up the third or go back to the first. Confused?

I haven't gotten Pitboss to work either and FFH is not the only mod with that problem.

I think Firaxis in general didn't make the pitboss app quite as robust as it should be. It works very well for vanilla games, however, which is all they really had to do...

um a question who would you use pitboss to play 2 civs on one computer? hotseat works very well for that.

MrPopov - i've only tried one other mod with pitboss and it works fine. It is a combo mod made from the Gods of Mesopotamia and Next War. My friend found a basic version of the combo mod and heavily reworked it. We've been playing on it in pitboss for several months with no OOS errors.
I've done a bunch of searches for OOS errors in google and almost all of them turn up FfH. Nothing was helpful unfortunately.

Kasdar - the signin from the same computer was a test to see if pitboss was working. Once set up the plan is to play with a bunch of old friends (some of the same group playing the combo mod i mentioned above). We live scattered around the country and really can only play via pitboss as we cannot all connect at the same time.

I probably need to setup the game on my desktop and try logging in from a remote location to see if it is a problem with logging in from the same computer although i really doubt that is the problem.

The pitboss problem is really a bummer as i'd love to play FfH multiplayer but can never find the time for a continuous game.

The OOS on pitboss start up seems to be tied to pitboss as i've played FfH via LAN and via direct IP through Hamachi with no or very rare problems.

I've tried pitboss using a second computer to connect and still same OOS issue.

I believe it is related to a problem where if a player disconnects from a regular game, and tries to reconnect while the other player waits, it will immediately OOS. Because a pitboss game does not load from the staging area (or lobby, whatever you wanna call that screen where you set starting options) but instead while the game is already in progress, then it seems to OOS once both players join.

As far as other mods having pitboss problems, I guess I made a bad assumption. I've really only tried one other mod with pitboss and that is Rhye's and Fall MP.

Hi!

I just put up a test FFH2 Pitboss server (with 32i) and get the same OOS error. The very first time I logged in I was able to do a turn without any problems at all. The next time I logged in I got an OOS error and have been getting it every time since.

This problem is repeatable.

I'm guessing it must have something to do with files that get saved and loaded and in this case, the information that gets transfered across when a user logs into the server. I had similar problems with the ViSa mod in the past and in that case it was an extra directory they created on the server (to cache stuff) which wasn't getting transfered across to the clients.

If any of the devs want to look at this closer I'd be happy to help where I can.

Bernout

Top Bottom