1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiplayer Woes

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by DocCox, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

More OOS Reports!

This was updated after Koshling's fix and OOS errors are sadly still taking place every round. Did NOT OOS on recalc this time though.

Also... had some issues with the uploading (my internet is REALLY bad lately and is causing some interesting glitches on occasion.) You may see some duplicate files? Not sure what the deal was.

2. AIAndy

AIAndy Chieftain

Still the same issue. This time not only with town watchmen but also with healers at different positions. Healers are a property control unit as well so we can be quite sure that the issue is in the property control AI and the main suspect is still that cache mentioned earlier.

To find out if it is really that cache (in CvCity::getTotalUnitSourcedProperty), could you play a bit with a special version that has that cache deactivated?

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I... can try to work that out. I'll have to check out that 4121 revision to see where you're talking about and hope that I deactivate exactly what SHOULD be deactivated correctly.

Actually... that'd make sense that healers are causing the trouble. Not many civs would have town watchmen (none on our continent anyways which kinda freaks me out to know others already have them ;) ) but the change to healers was well noted. Additionally, since Healers are still considered a Reserve AI, they tend to want to stand outside the city (another downside of them being Reserve units.) So they move back and forth a bit, pulled in by the need to reduce disease, pushed out by the command to get them into a reserve stationed position.