1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple Hyborem Appearances

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Sarisin, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

I brought this up previously in a bug thread. No response, and it happened in another game, so I thought I would mention it again.

Have you ever seen Hyborem appear in your game more than once?

In my Epic game, Hyborem appeared around yr. 550. I was able to kill him and destroy his two cities. The popup says he is gone.

But wait...

Fast forward about 150 yrs and the Armageddon Counter hits 70. Up pop those rat holes all guarded by a BARBARIAN unit.

OK, so far?

But, then, I see that Hyborem has appeared in the list of civs still remaining with the same score (approx.) he had when I destroyed him??? We are still at war.

A few turns later an Infernal Demon Lord and Hell Hound appear out of one of the holes I couldn't get to (inside Morgoth territory and no open borders). I wait for them to come to me and kill them.

I get the same pop-up saying Hyborem has left the building, etc.

But, wait...

The score doesn't disappear, and, sure enough, here comes another Demon Lord out of the rat hole. What?

This calls for a check of the World Builder and I cannot find an Infernal city (for the Demon Lord to respawn) or any other units.

What's going on here? Your input is appreciated. :)

2. TheBoatman

TheBoatman Warlord

Did you have "require all kills" checked?

3. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

No. But, I think the main issue is Hyborem returning when the counter hits 70, some 150 turns later. Has anyone else seen this?

4. Chip56

Chip56 King

I have seen 2 Hyborems as different leaders with their own Hero in a game.
    However thats because of a bug with the code when you save/load a scenario.

But I havn't seen a respawning Hyborem at high AC.

5. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

I think the AC is only connected to the Hell holes spawning infernal creatures. Probably the code forgets to delete the holes when Hyborem dies and when new creatures spawn, they need a civ to be assigned to and this way the Infernals are recreated... just a hypotesis, I have absolutely no idea how the whole thing works, code wise.

6. Chip56

Chip56 King

I thought they would spawn as barbs then?

7. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

I have no idea, it might be exactly like that, I never saw this happening so I was trying to find possible causes for an Infernal respawn.

8. JanusTalaiini

JanusTalaiini Prince

I've experienced this too, actually. I kind of liked it, to be honest, as it was as if, though banished from the world, Hyborem was still able to exert some small degree of influence through the hellfire portals.

Although the fact that I got his death message every time I tracked down and killed his units was a bit annoying. It was like playing whack-a-mole.

9. calmon

calmon Chieftain

I've exactly the same occurrence.

Hyborem was defeated by the AI and i with an evil nation bring up the Armageddon Counter to 70. Several barbarian troops arrived (hellfire event) and in addition Hyborem appeared and his points increased from 0 to a higher value.

I don't see any hyborem city and i think its a bug in the 'hellfire' event!

(playing 0.23 c)

10. TheJopa

TheJopa Šumar

Yes, units spawned from hellfire are infernals, they respwned in my game and took over my dragons hoard city! And I was able to retake the city and peace out Hyborem again (I was Sheaim so it was easy...)