Multiple rulers per Civ?

I've written something like this before: The amount of work that goes in to making the leader for a civ is almost as much as for the rest of the civ, and few people would probably buy a leader for full civ-price, so for just a tiny amount of more work (uu- and ub-art, models etc.), they could cash in for a full civilization.

I agree that buying 1 or 2 extra leaders per DLC would be unpopular, unless the DLCs were very cheap.

What about a 'Leader-Only' DLC that would add a new leader to almost every civ? That might sell pretty well, depending. Even if the changes were only cosmetic, superficial things, it might still sell for 5 to 10 bucks.

As it is, I doubt they are going to add too many more civs at this point. If they do, IMHO, I'd love to see one more Native American civ (Sitting Bull, anyone?), one more over-arching empire (Holy Rome, maybe with Charlemagne?), one more Middle-Eastern civ (Assyrians, Sumerians, or the like for an ancient pick, or maybe Palestine for a more contemporary choice), and one more sea-faring civ (Portugal).

Top Bottom