Multiple units per tile mod?

Infantry#14

Emperor
I like civ4. Is there a civ5 mod that enables multiple units per tile?

You can edit a simple line in the GlobalDefines.xml (don't remember the tag) that'll let you set the valid number of units per tile. However, the UI isn't built around it and will look extremely weird.

http://kael.civfanatics.net/Legions/index.shtml

This mod is ancient and will most likely be out of date, but it's the only one I can think of right now.

d'oh. The lack of interface can be very troublesome...

If you just want the per tile increases (and nothing else), try

"Global - 2 Units Per Tile", "Global - 5 Units Per Tile" or "Global - Unlimited Units Per Tile"

I'm working on a mod that adds the UI. I'm halfway there but i'm not satisfied yet. Furthermore i also want multiple unit selection and many more things for which i need the civ 5 source.

By setting the GlobalDefines.xml tag very high in combination with GameEvents.UnitSetXY, it should be possible to have more interesting rules that are 1 upt "in spirit" but not strictly 1upt. For example, I want to have unlimited stacking for civilian and a few specific military units, but maintain 1 upt for most military. Many other rule-sets are possible too.

However, I do worry about excessive processing overhead using UnitSetXY. The AI may be an issue too (I know a lot of folks have stated their opinion about this, but I haven't seen much commentary based on experience).

Edit: Just ignore this post. What I'm really thinking about is a UnitCanSetXY event, which doesn't exist yet.

Edit2: Funny, the wiki gives "CanMove" as an example GameEvent: "Some examples of predicate game events will be the Can* methods. CanConstruct, CanMove, CanAttack, etc." But then it is not listed. I have no data to say whether such a thing exists or not. (But if it did, my post above would make some sense.)

Top Bottom