Multipule victory choices

RicKhan5

Chieftain
While playing Hotseat , 5 AI's, 2 Human. We decided to try something different. We picked the Princess, Victory Points and Mass Regicide. The game started normaly enough. But when we made contact with the Russians, French and Persians we found they had not expanded from their starting city. As time went on we became curious about this phenomenon, no expansion at all. Well as soon as i got Writing, i built embassies in these third world empires. And what i found shocked me and my friend. France had 10 spearmen, 7 Queens and the Princess. Russian had 8 spearmen, 7 queens and the princess, and Persia had 11 spearmen, 7 Kings and the Princess, and all were building spearmen. Needless to say we quit the game right there and started again at vanilla settings. At least the AI would give us a bit more of a challenge.

Has anyone else come across this kind of behavior? Do u think it was because of the multipule victory Choices? Will the AI behave differently if only 1 choice is accepted against 2 or more? Just some questions for u veterans out there. I guess if i want total Blowout the settings will be easy to recreate.

Mass Regicide leads the AI to mass defenders. They simply do this, too, when other things are enabled :(

Slightly different, but what happened to me when I had the "elimination" picked, next to some other things at a huge map with continents: Everyone just came to my continent to be wiped out by me. I was just taking that one city of theirs! Not a real thrill, I had a victory after 1 hour of playing at Monarch level. ( I was surprised that I had won ) It seems that maybe they have to work on the difficultylevel of the AI in PTW when you use the new possible settings for games. Anyone know more about this?:confused:

Top Bottom