Music.txt files?

In C3C, Firaxis introduced the music.txt files for their conquests; only the music files specified there will get played in that particular scenario (in WW2 Pacific, you start with the Modern music etc).

Now, the unwanted sideeffect of that change is:
If you include the conquests in the search path for a mod/scenario, it will use the music specified in the particular music.txt file, not the default, era-specificic ones.
The same happens for the city gfx, btw; but here, it is easy to solve: Simply include the default city gfx in your scenario folder.

However, there is no such a thing as a 'default music.txt file'...at least, I cannot find it.

So, my question is: Has someone ever found out how such a file needs to look like?

Thanks
Doc

I have played a little bit with music.txt but only minimally. I was able to get certain songs from each of the conquests by simply adding the path to the file. I have not figured out how to do era-specific stuff though...

Also if you put a music.txt in the same foulder as all the other .txts (like pediaicons and civopedia) you will not hear the default music in game, only the ones you have specified.

Also if you put a music.txt in the same foulder as all the other .txts (like pediaicons and civopedia) you will not hear the default music in game, only the ones you have specified.
Yes, that exactly is the problem - I want the default music. But the music.txt files in the Firaxis' Conquests prevents that...

Top Bottom