• Korean - Wang Kon

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Ottomans - Mehmed

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Carthage - Hannibal

Votes: 8 9.4%

• Total voters
Maybe they should put for modern era music from Test of Time

The opening menu. I don't mind the others, except for Shaka's. I shudder everytime I hear that, and I do whatever possible to arrange a deal and quit the negotiations screen as fast as possible.

i Look at the music Folder and there *is* Stalin Music, but I never met stalin yet so I never heard his music, But why would they have Stalin Music if they weren't gonna put it in game
Must be a Bug

CIV3AncientEurope

It wasn't in the vanilla civ 4. It just reminds me so so so much of civ. As soon as I hear it I just fall in love with the game again. Just listen to it (omitting the first 1:30 minutes).

I know what you mean with that one. Not a huge fan of the tune - it's ok - but if any music = civ, it's that one :) It's slow to get into it though - you don't get the main tune til 1:40 through the 3:52 track! (got it playing on media player now, aren't I sad).

Found out something mildly interesting the other day. Anyone know the track 'the people are the heroes' (modern era)? Also used in the credits. It's actually taken from the modern opera 'nixon in china'. Makes me wonder where the rest of the modern era music comes from, if it's not all original... this wikipedia article refers to 'several' peices from the opera being used but I don't know which ones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixon_in_China_(opera)

I think all of the modern era music (The People are the Heroes included) is by John Adams. I'm not sure what else from Nixon in China was used in Civ IV though.

Yeah from a little reading around I think you're right. Seems daft to me. Other eras mix composers, why is the modern era different...

Baba Yetu, FTW. Does anyone know how I could mod that so it plays in the menu for Warlords?

ohcrapitsnico said:
Man that baba yetu got really annoying since I heard it 300 gabillion times. Its a nice change indeed.
:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: now thats a REALLY good one !!!:D

Tekee said:
i Look at the music Folder and there *is* Stalin Music, but I never met stalin yet so I never heard his music, But why would they have Stalin Music if they weren't gonna put it in game
Must be a Bug
i never heard it and dont have it, maybe you can tell me why YOU have it ? :)

and last but not least my opinion to the music:

i also liked the old opening menue:thumbsup: but i find the new one better. :goodjob: unfortunately it takes too long to make you feel you are conquering the world with genghis khan because that's about the time where the game is already fully loaded and i never need 4:38 till i choose my civ, victory conditions and map size.:lol:

Viking scenario (song) rocks really much as well as the omens song, but guys what i REALLY HATE is the fact that you cant look into your cities without having to interrupt the gr8 melody. ARGH THAT WAS REALLY A $HIT IDEA TO PAUSE THE MUSIC FOR SOME IDIOTIC CITY SOUNDS SETTING !!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
my proposal: let it play on in the background

Top Bottom