Mutual Exclusivity with MIA?

Which do you prefer?

• Some where between

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else that Tubby couldn't think of. (Please post what you would like below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK, let's play what if with Whomp's proposal. First let's say we get more cities on this continent than MIA. That should give us great productivity and a stronger military. That should allow us to capture a greater portion of the other continent. If we have a greater number of cities that should allow us to research faster once we are down to two. We could then choose to beat them to a space shot, or domination/conquest.

I say let's go for it.

Captain Curragh said:
get the boats out first. then do your idea.
Too late by then someone else will have already proposed the same to them.

Captain Curragh said:
boats :bounce: boats :bounce:
Scotty...I mean Tubby can we crank out those boats any faster?
Captain Curragh said:
My personal goal is to wipe out TNT first cause of their "leader"
Can I play too? Can I? Can I?

this is what tubby gets for going to sleep too early...

we need bede to give us a sober monks view...

Admiral Kutzov said:
this is what tubby gets for going to sleep too early...

we need bede to give us a sober monks view...
That's funny too! Bede is a true Celt. I think you'll find he likes his :beer: as well as the next Irishman.

Bede is a true Celt. I think you'll find he likes his as well as the next Irishman.

well that's why he's asleep and we'll get his commentary tomorrow

now that i've got access, I'll try to make a picture book soon :devil:

Daghdha said:
Cool plan Whomper and the theatrical effect of someone stepping out of the fog will be huge :D. I'm in.
Yes! What Dagh said!!! It will sound less like scheming on our part and perhaps allay any suspicions of our motives.

Whomp said:
One more thought...
Power of the "take away".

While in negotiations we lead the conversation towards very small deals. Out of nowhere one team member steps in and says "This is not how I personally envisioned things". THey say "Why"?

"Well, I speak only for myself, but I saw an opportunity for mutual exclusivity but it seems you don't want that". Followed by silence....

See how they respond.
agreed.
since i did that the first time, maybe the'll believe next one?

I think that Whomp's quoted proposal should be sent to the MIA heads (fe3333au, ybbor, & maybe emp killyouall). If you surprise them with this via IM conversation they will not know what to do. they will have to take it back to everyone, vote, discuss, hold committees, revote, amend, lobby, take a congressional break, eat dinner, come back, discuss some more then vote and bring us a yes/no. I say give them time because they are obviously not as good as us at thinking on their feet.

RE: boats: I fiddled with the spreadsheet and can get 1st one due next turn 2nd 2 turns later then we are back on track with 4 turn settlers.... Spreadsheet will be posted in Dept. Of Turnplay

EDIT: 2nd boat is out of the picture in my mind (since we lost another pop).... If we still want the second boat, let me know and I'll work something up, (but it'll delay the next settler)

I spoke briefly with Kentharu last night and he didn't think anything would be anything before Sunday if that. :rolleyes: They're stalling to make contacts is the Panda boy view. I think we need to put them on the spot now. It appears to me they are being run like FEMA.

Let me know if you want me to send the proposal.

RE: Curraghs I say one and back to settling.

I think our fogbusters need to come up with a direction for that boat. I have no clues when the clues were allocated.

Whomp said:
They're stalling to make contacts is the Panda boy view. I think we need to put them on the spot now
Kenth might not be the one to judge our decisions on but if you get that hunch I'll hunch with you. Key word is NOW. If they're reluctant to speak up, that's for a reason, i.e. they wanna look for back doors to sneak out on us. I do not like that behaviour. You spoke to Kenth, you do the call and I'm "all in".
Edit: Sven yells, "spit in their mothers eyes and fart in their general direction"

Send the PM to fe3333au, ybbor, Ken, & Napolean. Give them 36-48 hours to respond, no extensions. If no response then tell them that we have our answer and thank you for their business.

Ok as far as timeline I would suggest they respond in some fashion either to the affirmative or with a counterproposal before their turn. However, they must decide before our turn (so we can give them pottery of course ;) ) or we will take that as a negative on our proposal. Ball is then in their court.

Top Bottom