Mvemba a Nzinga in Lego Brickheadz form (MOC)

Nice work! Captures the colors quite well. Which Brickhead is up next?

Historical Note: In reality Mvemba a Nzinga took on the name Afonso I and was mostly known by that name. He also wore Portuguese garb. But Firaxis went for a more native approach, possibly to avoid controversy over “whitewashing” leaders (even though historically Mvemba was a willing convert to Portuguese customs and clothing as well as their religion).

Also, according to Martin Meredith’s Fortunes of Africa, several of Mvemba’s/Afonso’s relatives sent to Portugal for religious education were instead taken as slaves to Brazil. In case we needed another reminder that colonialism and slavery were nasty practices.

Nice work! Captures the colors quite well. Which Brickhead is up next?

Historical Note: In reality Mvemba a Nzinga took on the name Afonso I and was mostly known by that name. He also wore Portuguese garb. But Firaxis went for a more native approach, possibly to avoid controversy over “whitewashing” leaders (even though historically Mvemba was a willing convert to Portuguese customs and clothing as well as their religion).

Also, according to Martin Meredith’s Fortunes of Africa, several of Mvemba’s/Afonso’s relatives sent to Portugal for religious education were instead taken as slaves to Brazil. In case we needed another reminder that colonialism and slavery were nasty practices.
Which Brickhead would you like to see? I can't guarantee it will be done next week but I can start.

Which Brickhead would you like to see? I can't guarantee it will be done next week but I can start.
I’m fond of Seondeok! Kupe would be an interesting challenge too. :)

Please do Mansa Musa next
all those glitters

Please do Wilfrid Laurier for next brickhead

I don't care, because they all turn out fantastic! What I would like to see are photos of the process. It would be amazing to see the way you build them.

I don't care, because they all turn out fantastic! What I would like to see are photos of the process. It would be amazing to see the way you build them.
You can just assume I'm borrowing techniques from official Brickheadz :D.

Top Bottom