My APC Unit Modpack

Psychlone

Architect of Aggression
This is my version of the APC unit. The unit has an attack rating of 2, defense of 9, movement of 2. It can be built upon gaining the Mass Production advance. Basically it comes one tech earlier than you get tanks. It still requires oil and rubber to build, and it can be upgraded to the Mechanized Infantry unit. It can carry 5 units, so it can also haul artillery around, which I admit is one of it's primary purposes in my useage of it. I have no custom graphic for this unit, it uses the Radar Artillery flc files. As this unit should probably no longer be in use by the time you get to build Radar Artillery, there shouldn't be any confusion about what's what.

In order to haul artillery, it also allows the unit to haul cavalry, but I'm not really sure why anyone would want to. I assume it could also haul tanks, I admit it never dawned on me to check if that worked- but again, I'm not sure why anyone would want to.

Included in the zipfile is a new civilopedia.txt file that has an entry for this unit. The modpack also allows for up to 16 civs to be played on the standard map. No other rules or units have been changed.

Thanks to Dark Sheer's great advice, all graphics display correctly. :)

You can download it from my FTP here:APC.zip

Originally posted by Psychlone
Known issues: When looking at the build menu by right-clicking on a city, Worker has no icon, and Settler has the Worker's icon. I haven't been able to get rid of this (if anyone has a clue how, please feel free to enlighten me :)) but it causes no problem to gameplay, everything works just fine. I have even seen AI civs use this unit to snatch workers and haul them away, lol.

To correct that missing icon for workers and settlers in Industrial and Modern age, read my post under the thread for Perry Class Cruiser. You need to edit your units_32.pcx file :)

I would recommend giving this unit the "Carry Foot Units Only" ability... :)

Shamrock, it was my intention to make it able to tow artillery, which is why I made it able to carry all. But after having extensively playtested it, I am prone to agree with you. I have seen the computer use it to cart cavalry around, apparently due to it's higher defensive rating.

It's also rather funny seeing the AI use it as an offensive attack unit. Recently the Japanese threw about 12 of them at a city garrisoned by a tank and an infantry. It would have been funny if it hadn't been such a slaughter; it was about the same as using horsemen for the same kind of assault, only more expensive.

Originally posted by Psychlone
This is my version of the APC unit. The unit has an attack rating of 2, defense of 9, movement of 2. It can be built upon gaining the Mass Production advance. Basically it comes one tech earlier than you get tanks. It still requires oil and rubber to build, and it can be upgraded to the Mechanized Infantry unit. It can carry 5 units, so it can also haul artillery around, which I admit is one of it's primary purposes in my useage of it. I have no custom graphic for this unit, it uses the Radar Artillery flc files. As this unit should probably no longer be in use by the time you get to build Radar Artillery, there shouldn't be any confusion about what's what.

In order to haul artillery, it also allows the unit to haul cavalry, but I'm not really sure why anyone would want to. I assume it could also haul tanks, I admit it never dawned on me to check if that worked- but again, I'm not sure why anyone would want to.

Included in the zipfile is a new civilopedia.txt file that has an entry for this unit. The modpack also allows for up to 16 civs to be played on the standard map. No other rules or units have been changed.

Thanks to Dark Sheer's great advice, all graphics display correctly. :)

You can download it from my FTP here:APC.zip

WRONG FOURM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator Action: Warning! Do NOT revive ancient, long-dead threads just to spam them with "wrong forum" messages. :mad: --Padma
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Attachments

• zulu_wrong_forum_animation.gif
    zulu_wrong_forum_animation.gif
    78.1 KB · Views: 2,649
Originally posted by andrew510

man, you shouldn't use zulu9812's pic. He might tare you apart;)

Originally posted by andrew510

Don't do that! Damn it! Stop reviving old threads, just to make a Wrong "Fourm" post! Even if this thread was in the wrong forum (arguably) it was stone dead and had been for half a year (again).:mad:
Don't post in old threads unless you have something constructive to add.:nuke:

andrew510, that was simply spam. When I do it, it is constructive because I know the mods keep a look out for when I post in case I've highlighted a wrong forum thread. Why you revived a 4-month old thread is beyond me.

[color=600f0f]This thread was 16 months dead!

andrew510, "[/color]don't post in old threads unless you have something constructive to add[color=600f0f]"!

Anybody posting anything further here had better be discussing the unit in question, and not adding to the spam, or I'll just delete everything newer than Jan 2002, and let this sink back into the depths of the forum.
[/color]

Top Bottom