My Calabim Guide

Flaming: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming

Cause if it's in Wikipedia, it's True.

You shouldn't (necessarily) run Aristocracy / Ag with Flauros, but a few grassland farms lets you run more cottages. Plains is one food, one production. A point of population, before you get Veil, takes 2 food to sustain. There's what, 21 squares in a normal city? You need several farms if you're going to sustain full cottages. Not to mention a) Calabim want large cities for max snacking options and b) new Calabim don't even care if their people are cranky or not, they can still use them as production resources.

And, hey, that way you can run City States, which is more lucrative for very large empires. Like you will be, once you unleash your vamps on the world.

I'm just trying to see your point of veiw with using flaoros with farms instead of alexis for her phil trait or doing cotages-flarous. To me doing farms-flarous is as ineffective as doing alexis-cotages.

I understand that doing farms-flaoros gives you both food and some commerce. But, ffh2 requires specialization even more than civ4 ever did and playing in this hydrid or "generalist" way can't compete with some one who specializes.
As xAlephx said, you still need enough farms to support your cities. Not all tiles will be flat grasslands. I suppose Sacrifice the Weak changes things, but only as long as you keep up your health rating.

I think the "ideal" Flauros strategy would involve a "few" cities with only farms for feeding and building your vampires, and the rest with as many cottages as possible.

Top Bottom